PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying. Need some input

glassman66
11-03-2006, 03:19 AM
One thing that make me feel good about the H2 is after the first deppriciation hit they seem to hold their value really well. I've been shopping around and I think I know what is important to me on an H2, what do you guys think?

I'm looking at 2004-05 (most likley can only afford an 04)
would like it to have the air compressor, heated seats, third row single seat, DVD and motorized outside mirrors.

I have found a 2004 green H2 with 29000 miles for $35K. The only things I wish it had is nav and the rear tire carrier.

What do you guys think?
Are there things that I need to be wary of or to be mindful of when looking at H2s?

Thanks

glassman66
11-04-2006, 12:40 AM
32 looks, no replies? Give me a little 411.

KrazyMedicRN
11-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Descent price ... exterior rear tire carrier can be bought on eBay for reasonable prices I have seen them go as low as $150.00 interior tire carrier for 20 to 30 dollars... nav is nice but for the price you can one of the portable ones for less money.

hope this helps

H2bill
11-04-2006, 01:49 AM
From the options you list, it looks like you're looking for an H2 with the adventure and lux package. Mine ('06) came with the third seat, but I took it out as soon as I got home and never have put it back in. It might be helpful to have for resale, but unless you have a large family it's value is limited. Moving the spare outside, standard after '05, frees up a lot of room in the rear. As to the nav system, there are plenty of aftermarket units available that are really good.

I would examine the rig closely before I pulled the trigger. Particularly check underneath for signs of offroad abuse. Sure the H2 goes off road, but I would be hesitant if it looked abused. The one you're looking at should still be under warranty, but if the rig has been beat up, the dealer may try and dispute any warranty issues that might come up.

Good luck.

glassman66
11-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Very helpful thanks.