PDA

View Full Version : SUT Subwoofer Options

MattRoberts123
11-05-2006, 11:30 PM
I know there have been other posts on here.. I have read through all of them, but no one ever left any actual pics of their trucks with a subwoofer installed.:rant: :rant:

I have seen links to subbox.net and such, but most of the boxes say that they WILL NOT fit the SUT.:confused: :confused:

Does anyone actually have a subwoofer successfully mounted under their rear seat in a SUT? Could you send or attach some pics if you do?

Thanks!

BradO
11-06-2006, 02:15 AM
I haven't installed anything yet, but this is available for the SUT....

http://www.stallioncustoms.com/h2-elc-540.html

4rnRootsH2SUT
11-06-2006, 04:14 AM
I had my box done at a local shop. Custom fiberglass enclosure with two JL 8w3's in them. I'll get a pic hopefully tomorrow and post it.

Motohead
11-06-2006, 06:06 AM
Matt,

I just got my stuff put in yesterday. I put Rockford speakers all around, components up front. The speakers and amp are their power series line. I was originally going to put a 10 under the rear drivers side seat, but because of the contour under the seat, it would not fit, so they made a box for 2 8's (Rockford power series 2 subs)

Now, I mainly listen to rock, some techno, and these 8's really do the job with that amp. I mean it won't make loose change bounce off of the hood, but they hit more than enough for what I need. You will have a hard time making any decent 10" sub fit under there. I will post some pics when I take some. The system is very clear and really sounds better than I was expecting it to.

ASTAR
11-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I had my box done at a local shop. Custom fiberglass enclosure with two JL 8w3's in them. I'll get a pic hopefully tomorrow and post it.

Also post the cost if you would please.

kodiakz
11-06-2006, 03:27 PM
I had posted a pic a few months back of a custom box we made for my sut with a Boston pro 12". Search for that post, if not, I can take some more pics and repost if needed.

Motohead
11-06-2006, 04:50 PM
I had posted a pic a few months back of a custom box we made for my sut with a Boston pro 12". Search for that post, if not, I can take some more pics and repost if needed.

Did it go under the drivers side passenger seat? The only problem I see with that is not enough airspace in the box for a sub that big to make it perform like it should.

kodiakz
11-07-2006, 03:51 PM
It goes under the driver's side of the 60/40 split and the box has about 1.2 cubic feet.