PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 5495 Or Pionner Avic Z1

Synn
11-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Eclipse 5495 Or Pioneer Avic Z1 Who has What ???

And What did you guys Install......Ipod ...Rear Camera....Bluetooth...And how was the finish look ...Can you Guys Please post a Pic of the finished Install itself !!!!!!!!

I'm knocking myself in the :twak: trying to figure out what to Get

zeros
11-06-2006, 02:56 AM
i have the z1 and i love it .. ! i checked them both out and i just found that for me the z1 had more that it liked.. i have the ipod control...brings the ipod up on the screen..works good.. i also have the pac steering wheel controls so i can still use them.. also the siruis tuner.. and a backup camera.. i love it!

Synn
11-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Kewlllllll Answers like that...Are Helpful..........Anyone Else :perfect10s:

ttkresurfacing
11-06-2006, 04:35 AM
I have the avic also with camera, sirius, xm, dvd changer, tv tuner, and bluetooth module. Best radio I have ever seen. The simple fact it records music to a hard rive to eliminate cds is nice. Very nice to have the hands free through radio to view caller and make voice calls also.

Tim

kodiakz
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
We sell both and I have hda both in my truck. If you want better sound quality and better mapping, get the 5495. If you want b/t and better peripheral interfaces, get the Z1.

Synn
11-07-2006, 04:16 AM
kodiakz (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/member.php?u=931) http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_325749", true);
Hummer Expert
How much for the 5495 and the Z1....Where are you located ....or will you ship to Toronto Canada

Thanks

Lee

H2bill
11-07-2006, 04:54 AM
We sell both and I have hda both in my truck. If you want better sound quality and better mapping, get the 5495. If you want b/t and better peripheral interfaces, get the Z1.

I've got the Z1 in mine. Question for you Kodiakz: At night on a dark road it is way too bright. I've read that there is some sort of dimmer function, but if it's there, it isn't working. (I assume it is somehow tied into the headlights being on). I have wondered if it just wasn't installed correctly, or since the H2 runs with daytime lights it just doesn't work. Any ideas?

kodiakz
11-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Synn, pm me for prices, and yes, I can ship to CA.

H2Bill, sounds like the illumination wire on the Z1 is not correctly connected to the parking light circuit; easy problem to remedy by your installer.;)

ROX
11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I haven't purchased one yet, but I've been seriously considering the Z1. I like the fact it downloads the CD's and you can pick and choose which songs to leave on it, and delete the crappy ones. I also like the bluetooth. The navigation is nothing spectacular, like an aftermarket unit, but for an all-in-one box I really liked it.

If I do get one, I'll get all the options installed with it.

I'm looking for someone that can install a backup camera on my trailer, and pipe it to the screen in the cab. THAT WOULD BE COOL!

H2bill
11-10-2006, 04:34 AM
H2Bill, sounds like the illumination wire on the Z1 is not correctly connected to the parking light circuit; easy problem to remedy by your installer.;)

Thanks. I'll have to get it back into CarToys and have them take a look.

f5fstop
11-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Synn, pm me for prices, and yes, I can ship to CA.

Someone here directed me to the "V" button on the bottom left. Since then I have discovered, maybe you have too, there are different settings for normal mode and different settings for headlights on mode.
On mine, if I hit the V during the daytime, it shows the slider all the way over to bright. At night, it shows the slider halfway between bright and dim.
So, make sure you are dimming the screen in the right mode; headlights on or headlights off.

zeros
11-10-2006, 02:45 PM
here is a real good forum for the z1 alote of information their, check it out!

http://www.avic411.com/forum/

Mstgvic
11-17-2006, 05:35 AM
:confused: I've done lots of research AVIC Z1 vs eclipse 5495 are certainly the units of choice on this forum. But has anyone considered either ther Kenwood 6019 vs the new Valor NVG 670WT. This Valor comes with everything included, bluetooth, ipon, tv tuner and has been getting great ratings. All 4 units mentioned are the 2006 new versions but I just don't want to limit it to Z1 if the others performance is unknown. Is it just too new or has it been tested and given a thumbs down. All 4 units should work wwell with my H3 but decision not as easy.

Mstgvic

geeroy10
11-17-2006, 05:43 AM
I have the Z1 in all of my cars... awesome head units.I would recommend them to any and everyone.