PDA

View Full Version : Redneck wheeling funny stuff the other night...

johndjmix1
11-07-2006, 10:14 AM
The other Night a friend calls me to tell me she is going wheeling with her boyfriend, and another friend of mine that has a new Jeep....and a bunch of other people. Ok, sounds like fun...meet at 6:15pm she says. Cool...im in. We almost always go wheeling here at night, so thats normal.

I meet at 6:15. Then we drive to one friends house....then they finally get their vehicle together, then to another house....they get their vehicle together....then the 3rd house....they have to wait for some girls from Fort Collins, which takes an hour. Durring which some of the guys start telling me how bad the H2 is off road.....a few ask if i have ever taken it off road, then I get "You have to be careful man...you can roll these things!". Personally my favorate one was this guy that was trying to convence me to rip out the IFS and install a solid axle! LOL!!!

Ok, now with 9 trucks in the convoy, have to stop at a gas station, Mcdonalds, then a 7/11. By now its 9:30. We head for the Mountains. Now you got to picture this convoy of trucks....all these guys are the redneck style of guys with older rigs with Big tires. One guy had 39's and another 38's. Cool rigs I thought, will I be able to get through on the trails they are taking me on?

Once in the mountains its real icy and snowy. Im about 6th in line. We keep having to stop because trucks are having problems climbing the hills and getting over the ice and rocks. Guess who didnt get hung up or have to stop once? Me in my H2 and my friend with the stock jeep.

Kinda funny how that worked out. I still cant beleave we had such an easy time and all these guys with the big tires and 12" lifts were getting stuck.

I stoped at 2 spots on the trail to cut a few branchs off the trail so they didnt scratch the side of the H2 and I was warned by one of the guys "thats illegal...you cant do that". (FYI: I had asked a ranger a few years back, and there is nothing illegal about triming a branch thats over the trail....so long as you arent cutting a tree down and the branch is hanging over the trail). ANYWAYS, the guy was complaining I stoped twice for maybe 3 minutes total to cut branchs when they were all getting stuck and holding me up for hours?! Thats just BANANAS!

Figured u guys would get a kick out of the story. Next time ill be sure to let all the other CO Hummer owners know about the wheeling so I have some more support!

--John

johndjmix1
11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Forgot to mention 1 of the trucks with the big tires broke down and had to be towed later in the night.....

--John

BlueTJCO
11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I have to tell you John, that was ****ing entertaining.....:yawn:

J/K:fdance:

KenP
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Too bad you don't have pics of yourself towing the broken rig over rocks and such. Would have been great.

BTW, by 9:30 I would've been hitting the beer.:beerchug:

Sounds like you had fun.:D

Alan06SUT
11-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Thats usually how it goes. Most lifted rigs around here are worse off than when they were stock as far as wheeling. I have talked to many who are clueless as to the engineering side and dont consider the implications of their 6inch blocks, huge shakles, body lifts, etc, etc. I just let the wheeling explain it!

johndjmix1
11-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Seems to me that the traction control, locker and soft suspension on the H2 allowed me to keep good traction....Maybe they should spend less on the big tires and more on lockers -)

I was really surprised....))))

--John

ZigsRig
11-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Where was my phone call?

BTW, great job the other night MR. DJ :clapping:

BlueTJCO
11-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Seems to me that the traction control, locker and soft suspension on the H2 allowed me to keep good traction....Maybe they should spend less on the big tires and more on lockers -)

I was really surprised....))))

--John

Did the stock jeep have lockers or traction control?.........Uh oh, there goes that theory...:beerchug:

Alan06SUT
11-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Did the stock jeep have lockers or traction control?.........Uh oh, there goes that theory...:beerchug:

Maybe if it was a Noobicon! For the locker part at least.

BlueTJCO
11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Maybe if it was a Noobicon! For the locker part at least.

But then is it a stock jeep:D :popcorn: :confused:

CO Hummer
11-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Next time ill be sure to let all the other CO Hummer owners know about the wheeling so I have some more support!
--John

You should have called the CO Hummer CO Hummer owner. :D

BlueHUMMERH2
11-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Sounds entertaining, kind of like Paragon. There are some ...interesting folks there.

Agriv8r
11-08-2006, 02:46 AM
good job...????:o

johndjmix1
11-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Mike, you should have seen the costume contest!

Ill definatly let all you guys know the next time this goes down, I guess Ill just call Adam and let him spread the word? We went to Bunt School Road btw. Better bring your chains it was getting really (Dangerously) slick. Oh, but then they will tell us we are cheating.

--John