PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with these? =P

ipeefreely
11-08-2006, 05:28 AM
Does anyone have experience with these? I'd like to make my h2 2-3 in taller but dont know if this leveling kit is a good way to achieve that. Any cheaper alternatives or cheaper places to buy this at?

http://www.stallioncustoms.com/sctruxkit.html

ipeefreely
11-08-2006, 05:21 PM
The general consensus is that they are not a good idea. You can usually get about 2" lift at the front by cranking up the stock keys. If you go much further than that you will messing up your front end geometry too much and will have premature wear of steering components and potentially damage/break your half shaft CV's.

Regardless if you use the stock keys or + keys to gain the extra 2" or so, your ride will stiffen the same amount.

That kit is also very expensive, + keys are usually around $50 a pair. You don't really need the shock brackets they supply, but if you want to maintain the same shock extended/collapsed lengths as stock, you could replace the shocks for less than $100, which would be a better way of doing it.

Try cranking up your torsion bars, approx 1 turn = 0.2", and I'm guessing you'll get the desired result. Once you are happy with it, drive 50 miles or so and then get an alignment.

Thanks Phil! :beerchug: