PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Area Folks.. (I Need a LOT of help)

Crash ?
11-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey folks.. I'm cross-posting this in a few places in order to try and get as much of a response as I can..

I'm trying to get a bunch of Hummers together to help haul the toys for the Wheels of Thunder Toy Run on Nov 18th for LeBohneur Children's Hospital.

Just word of mouth I'm not having much luck.. I keep thinking about trying to chase folks up and down Germantown Road and hand out flyers.. Unfortuanately, I'm not fast enough on foot and I'm generally going the other way from 'em when I'm driving..

We're going to need a LOT of trucks to do this.. I'm anticipating 15+ and maybe a couple of trailers.. They filled up a 28ft Uhaul last year.

I'm going to TRY and attach a copy of the fliers.. One with event info, the other a wish list from Le Bohner..

If you're in the area or could be in the area to help out, it would be greatly appreciated.. Right now I have two other folks besides myself onboard to help out. One couple coming up out of Texas and the other from Jackson, MS..

If you've never been involved with a Toy Run, you have no idea the chills it will send down your spine being in the middle of a group of 300+ motorcycles and knowing they have all came out to make Christmas better for a sick child. If that doesn't make you melt.. Wait until you're standing in the lobby of the hospital getting to meet some of those kids and getting to see the looks on their faces when "Santa" and all of his leather clad helpers walk in just for them...

Thanks yall, for anything you can do to help out.....

Rob

http://www.*******club.com/forum/files/wot_toy_run_458.jpg

http://www.*******club.com/forum/files/wishlist_791.jpg

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon
11-08-2006, 11:27 PM
If I get Taz's H2 put back together in time, I'm sure he wouldn't mind me taking it out there to do this. I'll have to okay it with the wife, etc...

H2Blondie
11-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Crash, I just want to set one thing straight...LoLo and I are no couple!:confused: We may fight like one, but we are sisters.

That being said, I am looking forward to the trip out there as I have never been to Memphis. With regard to the "run" with 300+ motorcycles, I already have plans for decorating her truck to make the Christmas spirit as bright as possible.

Good luck getting others to participate for such a worthy cause!:)

Crash ?
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Crash, I just want to set one thing straight...LoLo and I are no couple!:confused: We may fight like one, but we are sisters.

That being said, I am looking forward to the trip out there as I have never been to Memphis. With regard to the "run" with 300+ motorcycles, I already have plans for decorating her truck to make the Christmas spirit as bright as possible.

Good luck getting others to participate for such a worthy cause!:)

Well.. Couple of folks.. Couple of accomadating young ladies.. I was in a hurry.. Gimmie a break.. LOL

Feel free to decorate LoLo's truck to the 9's... There's several folks that do up their bikes... Just tie the stuff on tight.. Typically we end up hitting the I-240 loop getting there though.. Seems like the route changes every year whenever the person in charge thinks they've found a better way to go..

Thanks again to yall for taking the time to come out.. I'm blown away that yall are making the trip to Memphis all the way from Texas..

And Dragon.. Bring it on out.. If you can make it over Friday, I think we're going to try and grab something for dinner over on the east side of town.. If you start looking for a room, look for the places in the Wolfchase area..

After the toy run, I may try and drag interested parties through the Wolf River bottoms if it's not TOO wet.. That place holds water like a rutted up sponge.. It ain't much, but it's about all the off roading we've got around here..

Rob

PARAGON
11-09-2006, 03:43 PM
We'll be there with our enclosed trailer.

Crash ?
11-09-2006, 04:36 PM
We'll be there with our enclosed trailer.
:clapping: Para.. Man... I thank you greatly..

I'm gonna check with the Hummer shop and see if they'd be willing to let me borrow their trailer.. Plastered with their logo so getting it out in the middle of this would be some good advertising for them.. Especially with a little media attention... If they aren't receptive.. My wife works for the local Harley shop.. They might be willing to loan me a trailer for this..

If we can cut the need for the Uhaul truck.. The funds that would have been used for that will go directly to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital..

partsguy
11-10-2006, 02:35 AM
You folk's are the Bomb(Ok Mr.Johnson:D ) People like you are the reason I still have faith in the $1.98 worth of chemicals that make up humans!

You are all class acts!!!!:perfect10s:

11-10-2006, 05:33 AM
After looking, the H2 doesn't have a hitch. Sorry...

Crash ?
11-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Don't need a trailer or a hitch.. Just room to pack toys in the back..

Paragon's draggin a 18ft'er up and I'm gonna try and get my hand's on another trailer to pull myself..

Crash ?
11-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Anyone else..?? We'll make ya famous.. Or at least buy ya a cup of coffee...

Mrs.ssippi
11-11-2006, 10:52 PM
You folk's are the Bomb(Ok Mr.Johnson:D ) People like you are the reason I still have faith in the $1.98 worth of chemicals that make up humans!

You are all class acts!!!!:perfect10s:Hey, Pickle Boi already kissing up I see. :fdance:

Mrs.ssippi
11-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Crash, I can't wait. We will be bringing our girls. I sure do hope my six year old understands how important this is. Maybe we can do some good for the kids and teach mine a lesson at the same time. Thanks for doing all of this. See you friday!!!!!!! :D :D

partsguy
11-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Hey, Pickle Boi already kissing up I see. :fdance:

No need for kissing up Para is buying you that wallet not me.:D You (even you)folks are great for what you are doing! Truth not kissing up(like I would anyhow)

Your kids will get alot out of this truely!!!

I would say something about Jr. but not here.:D

See you(talk)tomorrow!!!

Crash ?
11-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Crash, I can't wait. We will be bringing our girls. I sure do hope my six year old understands how important this is. Maybe we can do some good for the kids and teach mine a lesson at the same time. Thanks for doing all of this. See you friday!!!!!!! :D :D

Cool Beans..!!! See ya them.. Incoming PM BTW..

Rob

Crash ?
11-18-2006, 04:33 AM
They all made it into town this evening about 6:30 or so...

Paragon and family went on and hit the hotel for the night.. His girls had been bubbling the entire trip about getting to go swimming, so they hit the hotel and locked themselves in.. Actually I think the traffic on Germantown road may have scared 'em.. LOL

LoLo, H2B went out and grabbed some dinner.. ABSOLUTELY LOVELY, AMAZING Ladies... We spent more time sitting there talking about all of you guys than we did eating... Was gonna drag 'em over to the Flying Saucer for drinks, but H2B looked like she was about to go down for the count..

Anyroads.. They're all here and safe...

Rob

h2co-pilot
11-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Pics?:D

Nice Job All.:beerchug:

Crash ?
11-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Going through an editing right now...

Seemed like the biker turnout was a little smaller tis year.. I didn't count, but maybe 75 to 100 total bikes.. Somewhere just a shade over 1100 toys brought in..

Rob

Crash ?
11-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Pics here...
http://groups.msn.com/ChasingTheWind/lebonheurtoyrun2006.msnw

I'm feeling a little to lazy to go and lable all of them right now, so just use your imagination

Rob

H2Blondie
11-20-2006, 04:51 AM
What a wonderful and touching experience! Rob, thanks for the invitation to take part in the toy run this weekend...it feels good to help make a difference in someone's life if only for a few minutes!!!:)

11-20-2006, 05:02 AM
I really wanted to be there. Sorry, I couldn't make it. I also didn't realize that we had a wedding to attend that day (which my wife was a part of).

LoLo
11-20-2006, 05:22 AM
Rob...

Thanks for heading this up for the Hummer group -- we had an outstanding and heart-warming weekend! Paragon and Mrs.sippi -- great to see you and "the elves", again!

106 gallons of fuel -- $220
2 nights at a hotel -- 40,000 Hilton points ;)
Making new friends and seeing the faces on the children when Santa rode into the hospital on a motorcycle... PRICELESS!!!

Crash ?
11-21-2006, 01:24 AM
I just wanna say it one more time (at least)...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... Yall folks are outstanding..

On top of helping out the kids ya pulled my butt out of a deep crack too... Between my H3, the Beetle and that Cobra we woulda been making quite a few trips back and forth hauling those toys..

Rob