PDA

View Full Version : Bad radio reception DVD related?

glassman66
11-09-2006, 03:00 AM
My Hummer service advisor said that my bad AM reception might be because of a audio switch that has the sound go through the factory system.

Any idea where that switch might be?

I thought my DVD system was factory. I could be wrong the truck is new to me at 30K.

glassman66
11-10-2006, 04:13 PM
I come to find out that there is a FM modulator for the DVD, I turned the switch off after I found where they hid it, and presto AM is back. Mine was in the left side of the glove box.

FM modulator, everytime I hear that I say it like Marvin the Martian off of Looney Toons.

johndjmix1
11-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Weird, mine is in the center console. What year hummer you have?

--John

tazhog54
11-15-2006, 07:42 AM
My fm sucks big time !!:o Coming back from florida trip to Cal. used the c/d mostly Seems about 20 miles out of town the receptsion was gone or fading in and out . Today after I install rear back up cam License plate model ,I checked the plug to make sure the antenna was plugged in and it is was .:mad: Has the stock radio w/navigator in it 2003 h2. Any ideas

kodiakz
11-16-2006, 04:17 AM
glassman66,
If they installed an fm modulator in your system, you will definitely need to turn that off when listening to other stations--fm or am as both can be affected when the modulator is on.

glassman66
11-16-2006, 04:49 AM
Weird, mine is in the center console. What year hummer you have?

--John

Mine is an 04. I think the FM mod was added aftermarket by the previous owner.

Once that was off the AM is perfect and the FM is better. The FM was not tto bad before. I'm a Talk Radio whore so I needed my aM back.:twak:

kodiakz
11-17-2006, 05:17 AM
Mine is an 04. I think the FM mod was added aftermarket by the previous owner.

Once that was off the AM is perfect and the FM is better. The FM was not tto bad before. I'm a Talk Radio whore so I needed my aM back.:twak:

Time for xm or sirius then!!

robb
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Time for xm or sirius then!!

XM is all I listen to! I dont even turn the FM on anymore.

GLBLWARMR
11-17-2006, 02:55 PM
I only listen to cds. Eventually we will get xm coverage here in HI. I will not listen to the radio out here because all of the stations suck ass.

LoLo
11-21-2006, 05:42 AM
My fm sucks big time !!:o Coming back from florida trip to Cal. used the c/d mostly Seems about 20 miles out of town the receptsion was gone or fading in and out . Today after I install rear back up cam License plate model ,I checked the plug to make sure the antenna was plugged in and it is was .:mad: Has the stock radio w/navigator in it 2003 h2. Any ideas

...crappy antenna on the '03s. I had the same problem... :(

tazhog54
11-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Wonder if you can change the 03 antenna to the 04 side plate antenna if that would work better ?:D

rmaire
02-27-2009, 02:19 AM
bought all the stuff from my local dealer to convert my 03 to the 04 antenna .looks to be a snap to do ,anyone else done this yet and does it make the reception any better ??

OrangeCrush
02-27-2009, 03:13 AM
For what it's worth....

For the longest time, my FM recept sucked. I didn't realize it but my 3rd roof bar was in the way and I guess I must have bumped my antenna making it kinda lay down.

I know it's simple but I went months with crappy antenna until my buddy noticed it was almost laying down.

Sounds simple but sometimes the simple things are the things we overlook.

Mark