PDA

View Full Version : 3rd seat won't fold down

Tex_h2
11-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey everyone,
Has anyone else had this problem...

My 3rd seat won't engage, meaning can't get it to fold flat so I can put it up and then remove it. The number one lifts up a bit, but not enough to release it.

?????

Is this a fix-able problem, or stealership time?

CO Hummer
11-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Haven't heard of that one before. Actually, I didn't know anyone every used one! :D If you're seats busted, you can buy mine. It's only been used one time! :)

MattRoberts123
11-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey everyone,
Has anyone else had this problem...

My 3rd seat won't engage, meaning can't get it to fold flat so I can put it up and then remove it. The number one lifts up a bit, but not enough to release it.

?????

Is this a fix-able problem, or stealership time?

Had the same problem with an 05 tahoe i had.. I just slammed it back into place.. adn then tried removing it again and again........ eventually it came loose!??!

H2bill
11-10-2006, 04:32 AM
I took mine out five minutes after getting home with it from the dealership. It felt very stiff getting it to fold down, but I figured it just hadn't been exercised much since it was brand new. I won't be putting it back in for about three years (when the new '09's come out:D ). If yours is broken, your dealer should fix it if you're still under warranty.

EricH3
11-10-2006, 05:51 PM
It could be that the seat isn't fully latched in place in the upright position -- not locked down completely. Try firmly pushing it down to ensure that it is latched, then use the 1-2 levers to fold it up.

I had this happen with mine once, and discovered that the seat hadn't been firmly latched in place upright -- I give it a good slam now and listen for the latch to catch -- no more problems.