PDA

View Full Version : Cause To Lose Hummer Dealership?

lvs
11-10-2006, 02:46 AM
http://www.ketv.com/news/10284879/detail.html

OMAHA, Neb. -- An Omaha car dealership was raided on Thursday.

The Huber family of car dealerships, near 114th Street and West Dodge Road, began early Thursday afternoon when Nebraska State Patrol investigators moved in.

Investigators said the raid came on the heels of a month-long investigation that uncovered a discrepancy in the company's sales tax records.

Records and computers were confiscated, investigators said.

State patrol investigators said they are looking for signs of title fraud and identity theft, and they planned to talk with employees.

Some Hummer-brand vehicles have been sold from the dealership to bogus names and addresses, and that may have allowed Huber to get incentives from the manufacturer, investigators said. The state patrol thought there may be a problem when records showed several Hummers sold by Huber, but none had been registered.

No arrests have been made, but troopers said they expect several arrests. They said Huber is complying with the investigation.

DRTYFN
11-10-2006, 03:48 AM
State patrol investigators said they are looking for signs of title fraud and identity theft, and they planned to talk with employees.
Sounds like someone is going to get a spanking.

inkyblacks
11-11-2006, 05:49 AM
I hope they dont lose their dealership, since that is were I bought mine. :twak:

DDWH
11-11-2006, 06:15 AM
I hope they dont lose their dealership, since that is were I bought mine. :twak:

You can most likely count on them being done, toast, gone, screwed, tatooed, etc. if they did what they are accused of doing.....I am sure there's another dealership around.

Motohead
11-12-2006, 07:18 AM

Said that they sold it to bogus names. Is the name on your title "inkyblacks"? hmmmmm...?

inkyblacks
11-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Said that they sold it to bogus names. Is the name on your title "inkyblacks"? hmmmmm...?

I dont know. The bank is holding the title. (It is an H3 though) I will see in a few years. :o

timgco
11-12-2006, 06:13 PM
IDEA? ELCOVA OWNED DEALERSHIP?

lvs
11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
The next closest dealer is either in Des Moines or Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls has an outstanding Hummer Dealership and I have been going there for past three years for all major work. I only went to Huber for the occasional oil change becasue they do not have the experience to fix anything complicated. I know this from several expereinces there.

I think there is enough interest to keep a Hummer Dealership in Omaha and I hope one of the better dealers steps up and takes it over. It will be interesting to see what happens as Huber has a huge complex selling Hummers, Chevy, Cadillac, and Saab.