PDA

View Full Version : wiper/wiper delay switch malfunction? any advice to fix?

rrboy
11-12-2006, 04:01 AM
During my annual elk hunting trip and lots of wheeling in the mud and snow, I start the hummer and the windshield wiper fluid motor is stuck on and the wipers wont shut off. After playing with the switch for awhile, when in the off position, they are still on, when I switch to different speeds they dont work and then they do, all the while the fluid is pumping out. So I jiggle some wires and presto, seems to be fixed, 2 days later back again, but this time the fulid motor isnt stuck on. I dont think there are any loose wires, maybe a bad switch? Anyone experience this before? or got any recommendations? I still got the warranty, just hate taking it to stealerships. Thanks...

SUT NEIL
11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I had a similar situation occur with my 05 H2 SUT. The dealer replaced it under warranty. Seems this is a known defect. Hope this helps and good luck.

BlueHUMMERH2
11-14-2006, 04:34 AM
I have had this happen--rarely. Sometimes the wipers will just go on, not sure about the fluid though. I found that a few times this seemed to happen when I was using the paddle to spray fluid and knocked the speed adjustment ring by accident. Then the wipers wouldn't stop going.

rrboy
11-14-2006, 05:10 AM
took it to the dearler today and they say that its a real comman thing with hummer h3's, and on a occasional h2. The rep said its a control module problem. But I will have to wait and see. keep ya posted. thanks for the info.

rrboy
11-17-2006, 02:24 AM
picked it from the dealer and it was the module..thats a spendy part...If it wasnt under warranty it would have been 500 bucks to fix.

SUT NEIL
11-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you!:perfect10s:

PARAGON
11-17-2006, 06:45 PM
picked it from the dealer and it was the module..thats a spendy part...If it wasnt under warranty it would have been 500 bucks to fix.keep an eye out for it, because it many cases it's the stalk. With your symptoms, the stalk doesn't sound like it could create that much havoc but it's a common intermittent thing ( no pun intended)