PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Tots - Michigan

SR1355
11-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Posted this in another area, thought I add it here as well:

MisterE
11-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey Guys,

MisterE... thinking of getting back in the saddle after the less than steller outcome of that Hummer Happening. Anyone been to one of these? Are the fairly freindly to stock Hummers? I understand I may not play in on the trails, but is it there enough there for a newbie to check out (without having to hitch home). Being a good cause makes me all the more interested!

Thanks!

SR1355
11-13-2006, 09:36 PM
I've never been but here is link to website. The place is in a bit of a legal fit with township to open as commercial ORV park. They have permission for charity one day event.

http://www.kidsinthemudd.com/index.html

Here's link to forum at 4given4x4:

http://www.4given4x4.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3808&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Looks like it's going to be a pretty big event, would be nice to see Hummers well represented.

MisterE
11-14-2006, 02:08 AM
If I read it right, helmets are required which I am unfamilar with. Silver Lake as I'm sure the locals in the forum are all familar with doesn't have this restriction and is (in limited off-road) one of the busiest parks I've ever seen. (Even our dune buggies didn't require them if you had seat belts. I'm all for safe wheeling but man that's going to make it a little less fun in Dec trying to talk to everyone in the car and a lot warmer unless I can steal some half helmets from dad and friends...

Still looks plausible.

SR1355
11-14-2006, 03:13 AM
I will find out the meaning of helmet required in all vehicles at all times. Doesn't sound right for full size rigs with rollover protection, ie origianl steel body.

SR1355
11-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Per email from Kids in the Mudd no helmets required in vehicles with roll cage or factory steel roof.

MisterE
11-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Per email from Kids in the Mudd no helmets required in vehicles with roll cage or factory steel roof.

Thanks for the research SR1355!

Sounds a bit more fun for the H3's.

Thanks