PDA

View Full Version : Electric fan wiring

ttkresurfacing
11-12-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm getting ready to put dual electric fans in the H2, does anybody have a wiring diagram so that I can connect wiring correctly from truck.
It's a 2003 if that matters.

Thanks,
Tim

ttkresurfacing
11-13-2006, 02:56 AM
Flex a lite 282 but I am looking for the wiring out of the truck to hook the fan to. Like a/c wire, ignition wire, etc. The diagram for the fans don't indicate these.

Tim

ttkresurfacing
11-13-2006, 03:50 AM
Thanks, I read post about them being a problem so I was going to buy a spal controller. Any problems with doing that?

Thanks,
Tim

W1N
11-14-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm getting ready to put dual electric fans in the H2, does anybody have a wiring diagram so that I can connect wiring correctly from truck.
It's a 2003 if that matters.

Thanks,
Tim

Hello here are installation guide for GM dual fan that was given to me when I got mine, hope it helps...

Dual Electric Cooling Fans Installation.

1) Take off the top section of FAN shroud. Try to remember how the fan shroud comes off as the new shroud with the motors in it will go back on in a similar manor.

2) Remove the mechanical fan. Just use a large crescent and put it over the nut behind of the mechanical fan and give the crescent a real quick hard hit with a metal hammer and it will jump loose and then you can take it off. It is a reversed thread, I think I remember right.

3) Remove the bottom half of the FAN shroud as new fans will no longer be needing the shroud. The new shroud with electric fans built into the new shroud just bolt back up to the same place except there will be some holes marked on the new shroud and drilled to mount the new shroud.

4) Cut approximately 18" section out of 2 tranny metal lines looking from the front looking down at metal line in the bottom RH side of radiator.

5) Be sure to cut tranny lines even with radiator or back towards the fire wall but, in an area so that You will have room to clamp in the 2 rubber hoses that will slip onto the tranny lines that will allow you to move tranny line over enough to install electric fan with it's shroud unit. You need to cut enough extra rubber hose so that it has room to move and not blow the rubber hoses off.

6) Line up new fans at the bottom and hook them over the lip of the bottom of radiator support and just let the grips on the shroud rest itself on radiator lip just like the old fan shroud was resting on the bottom lip. Move the fans around till they look balanced on the radiator then mark the holes at the top where old shroud bolted to radiator. Mark holes through the attached thread hole in the radiator support.. Try to reach through and measure straight and level through to get mark to drill new holes in the electric shroud. Do it carefully as You get one chance to do it right or You start drilling other holes and abandoning the hole in the support that was intended to be the nut for Your old bolts and go through the new shroud with a rubber washer under the head of the bolts and a rubber washer between the radiator and the new shroud. This will keep vibration to a minimum and prevent the new shroud from being damaged when You tighten down the bolt. Be careful when You do tighten the bolts down.

7) Now You are ready to install wiring harness from Allen Nelson Performance as per the instructions He sends with the harness.

Thanks!

ttkresurfacing
11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks alot guys. I am going to try to do that and thermostat this weekend. Just bought a maggie, long tube headers, and high flow cats that will hopefully get done within a week or two.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Not having to cut tranny lines must go with earliier H2's. I was at Hummer dealer for something else and they wanted to help install the 2500 HD cooling fan system with Me on my 2005. The Hummer Tech tried to loosen every clamp on the lines there was and We tried to move the lines so to escape cutting the tranny lines to radiator. We could not get enough slack and wasted enough time trying to move lines that i tell guys cut lines and add rubber hose splices and be done with it. But, the 2003 may be different?
I just as a rule tell anyone rather than waste the time to try and find slack You can have cut and splices made with system mounted and wired.

TAZ

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey Phil
Are we both talking about the lower left corner of radiator with metal lines running to radiator looking from drivers seat. My memory may be flawed but, would not suprise Me with all going on with illness. I thought for sure We had red tranny cooler fluid drip on floor? I appologise if i gave out the wrong info. But, anyway the bottom left corner of radiator from driver seat has metal lines on 2005 and I'm assuming up that have to have these lines cut as We could not get enough slack to get room for the 2500 HD electric fan kit I put together and sent to W1N to install.

I have run all the brands either on H2 or my 99 Silverado that is beefed up with power and to help I tried other brand fans on it as well. I finaly tried several of the V boxes with each burning up as well as changing out 4 fuse holders as Flex a lite has gotten a bad batch of fuse holders they blamed the problem on. lt was later after them sending the 4th fuse holder that they sent a new controller box and told Me it had been changed. I still blow a fuse ever so often but, even though I would not use one on a H2 I do not hesitate to use Flex a lie on My other rides. Their support and caring for customer is unsurpassed.

When i found out I could make 2500 HD fan kit work in H2 I would not trade it for anything else on market. Allen has a harness that just plugs up and also connects where the wire should be at ECM to control fan on and off by temp. Allen builds a great harness.

Sorry Phil if I was wrong as to what the metal lines were flowing to radiator. I made the change almost 2 years ago and memory may be fuzzy on what fluid are carried in line. When doing the conversion I just made sure it was not A/C lines or something else critical.

TAZ

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-16-2006, 02:42 AM
Phil
I'm surprised with You having trouble with ccut lines leaking. I have been running My rig hard and never had problems. But, I have never had it offroad and putting twisting force on frame etc.
We used a real high psi line and used very large clamps. It must be in the different way we use the rigs.

TAZ