PDA

View Full Version : Something vibrating in passenger side dash area

tomp
11-13-2006, 03:22 AM
It has been there since day one and I can't find it. Something vibrating inside of dash on passenger side. Any ideas of what it might be? It's not anything in the glove box...

lasvegash2
11-13-2006, 05:21 AM
i had the same problem with the rattling inside the glove dept, the door panels and on top of the dash...i brought it into the dealership and they fixed it...they said its been a common problem. my brothers sut did the same thing and they fixed his too.

H2 GTS
11-14-2006, 04:26 AM
Was it ticking?

Actually throwers don't worry about ticking 'cause modern bombs don't tick.

But, when a suitcase vibrates, then the throwers gotta call the police.

Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor, but every once in a while...
it's a dildo. Of course it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article "a" dildo, never "your" dildo.

Fight Club

BlueHUMMERH2
11-14-2006, 04:31 AM
I've had that problem. Never really figured out what it was. When it happens I either tap the dash near the daylight sensor or push on the handrail above the glove box. These actions usually make the problem go away for a while.

Even when I installed the SIR GM1 behind the glovebox, I came up with nothing that could be rattling that was obvious. I thought maybe the daylight sensor, but it appeared to be secure.

H2bill
11-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Funny you should mention this... I just developed a very loud rattle two days ago in the passenger side dash/windshield area. It seemed to happen above 65 mph and go away a lower speeds. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Motohead
11-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Its the outside plastic peice running up the side of the windshield. Its rubbing and vibrating on the windshield. Take it off and put a thin layer of silicon or double sided tape, weatherstrip, etc. it will stop.

Had to listen to it for 1100 miles when I picked up my H2 in April.

Boar-Ral
11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
I've had that problem. Never really figured out what it was. When it happens I either tap the dash near the daylight sensor or push on the handrail above the glove box. These actions usually make the problem go away for a while.

Even when I installed the SIR GM1 behind the glovebox, I came up with nothing that could be rattling that was obvious. I thought maybe the daylight sensor, but it appeared to be secure.
This is the exact same problem and the exact same "solution" that we use with our H2. And like you, when I pulled the dash to install an auxilliary input, I couldn't find anything. My dealership wouldn't deal with it in the beginning, and now that I am onto my extended warranty, they certainly won't.

tomp
11-15-2006, 03:00 AM
That may be his problem, but certainly not mine. Mine makes the vibration noise with engine at rough idle when cold and parked

H2005
12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Mine rattles somewhere behind the instrument panel and by the dash defroster vents by the light sensor

OrangeCrush
12-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Mine rattles somewhere behind the instrument panel and by the dash defroster vents by the light sensor

Perhaps ya didn?t notice but that was an almost 6 year old post. I?ll bet they found the rattle by now.

:D

Mark

H2005
12-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Perhaps I did notice and I haven't seen a solution or a fix for it.

OrangeCrush
12-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Perhaps I did notice and I haven't seen a solution or a fix for it.

Tis cool... I was just messin? with ya....

Mark

glennf1
01-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Actually thanks to researching these older posts I have fixed my A Pillar trim on my H2 I recently purchased. On other forums people have used silicone to glue the A Pillar trim down. I didn't want to do this because if the windshield ever needs to be replaced then there is a chance of breaking the trim taking it back off. My solution was to use adhesive felt ($2 at craft store). This fixed my A pillar trim rattle and my rattling glove box handle. Now on to the door trim....