PDA

View Full Version : Gobi ladder HELP..

NewHummerGuy
11-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi all.

I won a gobi rack on ebay and am just wondering about the installation of it. The guy told me ahead of time he didnt have any hardware and I was wondering if what was needed could just be picked up at the hardware store.

Thanks for any help:)

NJ H2
11-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi all.

I won a gobi rack on ebay and am just wondering about the installation of it. The guy told me ahead of time he didnt have any hardware and I was wondering if what was needed could just be picked up at the hardware store.

Thanks for any help:)

If you don't have any hardware you will need to contact GOBI for the pinch plate and allen screws.
Check out th e install instructions here:
http://www.gobiusa.com/H2ladderinstall.pdf

NewHummerGuy
11-15-2006, 02:48 PM
If you don't have any hardware you will need to contact GOBI for the pinch plate and allen screws.
Check out th e install instructions here:
http://www.gobiusa.com/H2ladderinstall.pdf

Thank you NJ:beerchug:

Anybody got an extra pinch plate and allen screws for this;)

Jeff G
11-15-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm a GOBI dealer, but you can order parts direct from GOBI. Just call Ivy at 720-479-9372 and tell her Jeff from Lexington, KY referred you. She'll take care of you and probably won't charge you anything but shipping.

Jeff G

drmiles
11-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I've called Gobi 3 times needing things to adapt my rack to my new truck. They shipped everything @ no charge, no questions asked. GREAT Company. Just wanted to use this as a chance to say thanks for the Great service. :jump:

NewHummerGuy
11-15-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm a GOBI dealer, but you can order parts direct from GOBI. Just call Ivy at 720-479-9372 and tell her Jeff from Lexington, KY referred you. She'll take care of you and probably won't charge you anything but shipping.

Jeff G

Just got off phone with Ivy (she was a sweetheart).

She is going to check to see if they have any extras laying around and will call me back.

Thanks jeff;)

NewHummerGuy
11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Havent heard back yet from Gobi. If I were to just go to Lowes/Home Depot can anyone tell me what I would need?

Thanks all:beerchug:

timgco
11-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Havent heard back yet from Gobi. If I were to just go to Lowes/Home Depot can anyone tell me what I would need?

Thanks all:beerchug:

What exact parts do you need? Just hardware or do you need the brackets or the pinch plate or what?

sbmike
11-24-2006, 05:20 AM
For what it's worth, I won a Gobi ladder a couple of years back right here on the forum. I didn't really have any need to climb to the roof but I liked the look so I installed it. I didn't want to get into drilling into the top of the truck so I didn't install the bolt that required the drilling. The other top bolt uses an existing bolt hole. Good luck with your parts hunt.

NewHummerGuy
11-26-2006, 03:45 AM
What exact parts do you need? Just hardware or do you need the brackets or the pinch plate or what?

I believe the pinch plate was in the box with ladder (about 8 inches long thin silver plate).

The allen screws I am sure i can pick up at hardware store.