PDA

View Full Version : I hate one of our members....

OrangeCrush
11-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Seems one of our members scored a great deal on a supercharger for his H2.

I won't mention Tim's name but it pisses me off.. :rant:

Congrats, lucky biotch. :beerchug:

Mark

DennisAJC
11-16-2006, 05:44 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!:jump:

SUT NEIL
11-16-2006, 12:56 PM
How bout some details on the deal... Price, What did he get, Where did he get it, etc., etc. Thanks!

frenzy1
11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
:perfect10s: :beerchug:

timgco
11-16-2006, 04:53 PM
:mad:

If I got one, than where is it? :confused:

CO Hummer
11-16-2006, 05:17 PM
:mad:

If I got one, than where is it? :confused:

Maybe you returned it accidentally? :confused: :D

h2co-pilot
11-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Man, those pain killers must be something!

ttkresurfacing
11-17-2006, 04:47 AM
Got it for $2,225.00 . Just need the tune and boost a pump. $450 from Magnuson.(I will try stock tune after getting everyones opinions... thanks)

Mark I can either do laps around your shop or maybe tape a video for you :D
Wait now I am beginning to understand why I can get the shop use, you're gonna sabotage it????

Tim

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Boost A Pump at one time from Keene Bell was very reasonable. You may check there. The tune I would look at Allen Nelson at NelsonPerformance.com.
He can also sell You a smaller pulley if You want to run more boost and correct tune to match it that will not hurt any. He will include all tranny adjustments etc. to go with adding the supercharger. I would recommend a boost guage and air fuel ratio meter or lights. There is a new on dash double pod guage holder, for 2 1/16" size I think meters, that just was introduced at SEMA last week or 2 ago. Looks nice and will keep guages in easy view. The guages are cheap insurance.

If You are into Your own tech world like Me You can get a program for Your laptop from HPTUNERS.com and tune Your ride Yourself. Not hard and the website has a how to quick start section and many people offering support to get You going. It really helps You to understand the complete process of how tuning air fuel along with tranny tuning etc. all work together. Then the nice thing is You can then tune other H2's that are of same year as yours whether they have supercharger or not as HPTUNERS.com are not VIN specific unless they changed very recently. You charge people $200 for a tune that is involved with A/F adjustments or just $75 or $100 just to adjust tranny settings etc. away from engine itself. You can tune the engine without a supercharger just to get them the most out of the engine just like a handheld would do but custom tailored to each rig rather than generic. I have not tried it yet but, I'm almost sure that You could tune any same year model vehicle with the 6.0L engine but, I know last checked You could do other H2's for sure, something to check on. You plug Your laptop into OBD2 port just like a handheld and does a light tune I call it, since You will not be using the I/O enhanced side since You would not be using the wideband area of program to get real indepth tune. But, on laptop You get real time info as the vehicle runs down the road while scanning to build tune if You do not have a dyno.
It is extremely interesting if for no other reason than doing it yourself and knowing more about what is going on with Your rig than anyone does.
So potential to make the money You spend on Your own personal tuning software back that You pay for software. Then work on recouping money for Boost A Pump and then the supercharger. Then all Your Buds will really hate You.

Best wishes on Your new toy. If I can help let me know.

Oh, by the way so all the Buds can hate You more. The price mentioned is
WAY LOWER than at dealer cost for the product for resell. Dragon would be more up to date than I am right now. I know last checked Dragon had Us selling the basic powdercoated kit for $4595.00 or $4695.00 not including shipping and I know We do not get them any where in this universe as low as You got Yours. So kudo's.

TAZ

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-17-2006, 07:40 AM
Sorry failed to mention that when ordering the HPTUNERS.com tuning You get a second vehicle with it's own software for free. Like getting 2 handheld pregrammers for one. HP also gives free upgrades for life if I remember correctly.
Any questions to clarify what i said in previous post please let me know. I do not want to leave anyone confused or in the dark.

TAZ

Oh I tried to edit first post but, I kept getting sent to invalid tread error. So i figured it would be easier to just post another.

I constantly get this error no matter how long or short the post. I also have to log in constantly which is confusing so if anyone can help with advice please do so.

OrangeCrush
11-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Got it for $2,225.00 . Just need the tune and boost a pump. $450 from Magnuson.(I will try stock tune after getting everyones opinions... thanks)

Wait now I am beginning to understand why I can get the shop use, you're gonna sabotage it????

Tim

OH, there's the hated now. :mad:

Seriously, I'm glad you got a killer deal. Like I said, the offer to use the shop to do the install is yours for the taking. Did you talk to Greg yet?

I know you'll enjoy the sc. I'd love to have one but since the opening of the new bodyshop, it's slid down the priority ladder.

Hell, I still haven't bought a new pulley for the supercharger on the S10.

Have a good one bud.

Mark

SUT NEIL
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM

Tim

Was this the one that was recently on ebay? I was looking at it but I don't have enough knowledge about superchargers to negotiate a sight unseen deal to determine if it was fully operational with no flaws and/or if it was complete - especially at that price. Anyone have any tips (i.e specific questions to ask, etc.) concerning this issue in the event another one comes up for sale?

Congratulations on a great deal and looking forward to seeing a video clip of your supercharged rig in action.

Big Gay Al
11-17-2006, 05:02 PM
i hate a member too.