PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVID D1 Installed But Have Questions

kacyk
11-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I always had (and favored) factory units, e.g. GM TNR's, INR's and Honda Nav but never had an aftermarket Nav. I must say this Pioneer is superior than anything else that I've owned. Address input is done completed quicker and program is very intuitive. This time around I am able to see the video right on my Nav screen (need E-Brake on though) and also have a backup cam (very cool, especially when viewed driving forward!).

Question:

The E-Brake needs to be engaged to operate the Nav & AV function. I did a google search and although there were instructions, they seem to conflict. I really don't want to "experiment" with my system. The D1 was installed in my '07 Yukon, anyone do this successfully and wish to comment?

Also, to get XM do I need another accessory?

geeroy10
11-20-2006, 01:45 AM
You would need the XM tuner.

Also. I am pretty sure on the D1 you can loop the e-brake wire so that you can use the navigation features while the vehicle is travelling. I had the D1 in my old dually and that is what we did if my memory serves me.

Oh, and youre right the D1 is great--- You should see the Z1.

Drainbamaged
11-20-2006, 01:57 AM
There is a way to bypass that lockout. Take the molex plug out the back of the unit. If you look next to the +12v and above the ground wires you will see an empty slot. Use a wire that you are not using like the phone mute and pull it out gently. After you get that wire out put it into the blank spot and ground that wire with the E-brake wire and you don't have to worry about it anymore. There are better instructions on www.avic411.com if you get stuck.

kacyk
11-20-2006, 05:46 AM
Thanks guys! One last question, I want to get a map update and I can't figure out what the differences are between the CNDV 50 or CNDV 60. Given that I have a AVIC D1, which would be better for me?

f5fstop
11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I believe the 50 is 2005 Tele Atlas update, while 60 is the 2006 Tele Atlas update.

It should be explained on the Pioneer Electronics website.