PDA

View Full Version : FYI Dead Battery

HappyJack
12-19-2003, 12:45 AM
My battery went dead the other day and it was a very unlikely cause! After I recharged the battery I noticed a very faint clicking noise from under the front passenger seat. It turns out that one of the seat adjustment switches was stuck on. I had to pull on it to get it unstuck. Now it is fine. Go figure.

Cheers

HappyJack
12-19-2003, 12:45 AM
My battery went dead the other day and it was a very unlikely cause! After I recharged the battery I noticed a very faint clicking noise from under the front passenger seat. It turns out that one of the seat adjustment switches was stuck on. I had to pull on it to get it unstuck. Now it is fine. Go figure.

Cheers

JCJ
12-22-2003, 11:16 AM
And I thought there was a safety feature against battery drain built in our rig?
This saftey feature should have switched off the power draining connection. My 2 cents.

BTW What would be the best battery (brand and spec) for the H2 in case one had to replace the factory battery?

HappyJack
12-22-2003, 01:39 PM
The clicking noise I heard was turning off the power to the seat motor to keep it from over heating. But it then turned the circuit back on in just a few seconds. After I thought about it for awhile I realized that I could not have found this problem by myself if it had not been clicking on and off.

There are some safety features in the H2's design like the one that turns off any interior lights that are left on.

I will probably order another GM battery for my truck when this one fails. I do not know who makes good batteries anymore.

Cheers

HummMe
12-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Interstate-- I have been selling these batteries at my shop for years. In my opinion they are the best replacement battery available. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Klaus
12-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Unfortunately, we have a strange battery size - Group 79 (at least according to the service manual).

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

Navigator
12-31-2003, 01:30 PM
I left my off road lights on one night and it was so dead the i had to unlock the door with the key because the remote wouldnt even make a sound. I guess that means no special battery safety feature

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure Black w/Corsa Sport, Black Factory Wheels, Black Grill, Factory Nav, 12 Disc CD Changer, Intergrated XM, V-1, Hadley Air Horns, Sylvania Silver Stars.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

RIC-H0
12-31-2003, 01:44 PM
I read that the Optimas are an awesome off road battery, and an all around good no maintenance battery too.
In the January issue of Four Wheeler magazine, they ave a pretty nice dual battery setup, with a larger alternator, and a nice dual battery maintenace set up. Check it out.

Ric-H2

AlamoJim
12-31-2003, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RIC-H2:
I read that the Optimas are an awesome off road battery, and an all around good no maintenance battery too.
In the January issue of Four Wheeler magazine, they ave a pretty nice dual battery setup, with a larger alternator, and a nice dual battery maintenace set up. Check it out.

Ric-H2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I run an optima in my rig...I love it, came back once to find I had left the lights on for 2 days...started right up. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
worth every penny, I have a local guy that can get them at cost or very little markup which is even better!

many police forces across the country have them, they have shown to work even when a hole is punched in them with a .32 caliber handgun or hanging out of a police cruiser by the cables bouncing on the ground during a high speed chase...I did my research and figured that should be tough enough for anybody!

4 wheel parts sells a comparable gel battery as well but I don't have any info on it.

The difference between Genius and Stupidity?
Genius has limits...
http://www.sajeeps.com/images/sajeeps_banner.jpg (http://www.sajeeps.com)