PDA

View Full Version : Assembly line worker buys first Hummer H3

TxDoc
05-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Assembly line worker buys first Hummer H3
From staff and wire reports
SHREVEPORT, La. — General Motors' (GM) Hummer H3 made its formal debut in a Shreveport showroom, and it didn't take long for the first one to be snatched up.
The H3 has a base price of $29,500. (More H3 photos)
GM

Paul Davis Flora, who works on the assembly line at GM's Shreveport plant and helps build the H3, was the first buyer at Orr Hummer on Tuesday.

"I think this will fit me real good," Flora said.

A thousand of the H3s, which has a base price of $29,500, are being shipped to dealerships across the country. Orr says it already has buyers for 23 of the 37 H3's it ordered.

GM, the world's largest automaker, is rolling out the H3 at a time when high gasoline prices are hurting sales of some SUVs. The auto giant spent $1 billion to renovate its Shreveport plant to produce the vehicle.

Hummer also hopes to take advantage of the trend toward accessorizing vehicles.

"The $29 billion auto accessories market continues to grow, and the H3 is poised to capitalize," says Nancy Philippart, executive director of GM Accessories.

H3 owners can choose from accessories that include a wrap-around brush guard, a chrome-plated fuel door and a variety of step packages to ease getting into and out of the vehicle.

The H3 will get 16 to 20 miles a gallon, GM says.

TxDoc
05-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Assembly line worker buys first Hummer H3
From staff and wire reports
SHREVEPORT, La. — General Motors' (GM) Hummer H3 made its formal debut in a Shreveport showroom, and it didn't take long for the first one to be snatched up.
The H3 has a base price of $29,500. (More H3 photos)
GM

Paul Davis Flora, who works on the assembly line at GM's Shreveport plant and helps build the H3, was the first buyer at Orr Hummer on Tuesday.

"I think this will fit me real good," Flora said.

A thousand of the H3s, which has a base price of $29,500, are being shipped to dealerships across the country. Orr says it already has buyers for 23 of the 37 H3's it ordered.

GM, the world's largest automaker, is rolling out the H3 at a time when high gasoline prices are hurting sales of some SUVs. The auto giant spent $1 billion to renovate its Shreveport plant to produce the vehicle.

Hummer also hopes to take advantage of the trend toward accessorizing vehicles.

"The $29 billion auto accessories market continues to grow, and the H3 is poised to capitalize," says Nancy Philippart, executive director of GM Accessories.

H3 owners can choose from accessories that include a wrap-around brush guard, a chrome-plated fuel door and a variety of step packages to ease getting into and out of the vehicle.

The H3 will get 16 to 20 miles a gallon, GM says.

H3 Builder
05-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Good friend of mine. He still hasn't gotten to take delivery yet, as they haven't gotten the paperwork on his discount. Hoping to get it Friday.

oneworld
05-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey Builder thats good news, hope pual loves it, i think that is great that one of the first H3's sold is going to some one on the line. I will be more then happy to wait a little longer so you guys can get in on it first. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif