PDA

View Full Version : Additional gauge mounts

Michael Baker
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
If you are looking into adding additional gauges to your H2, this may be of interest.

After reading comments on the site about different ways to mount extra gauges, I settled on the following:

I purchased the Lingenfelter Performance Engineering mount that replaces the molded cover around the driver-side air conditioning vent, and comes with an Autometer boost gauge (very expensive at $300!). Looks very good, and matches perfectly the color/texture of the H2 dash molding.
I purchased the two-gauge mount made especially for the H2 by Autometer (#15022 - inexpensive at $45). The mount fits very well as can be seen in the attached photo. The color/texture is not as perfectly matched as the Lingenfelter, but is acceptable. In this I have mounted two pyrometers ? one for each cylinder bank.
As I cannot use the OnStar system in Ecuador, I ripped it out and installed three gauges in its place. This includes two water temperature gauges to measure the Vortech supercharger intercooler input and output air temperatures (yes, I use a water temperature gauge and sensor to measure air temperature), and a soon-to-arrive wideband air/fuel ratio gauge from Autometer. (I have temporarily filled the empty gauge opening with a faulty water temperature gauge).Photos attached.