PDA

View Full Version : SAT NAV HELP FOR UK

TOPLINE
11-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Hi dont know if anyone can help but i was thinking of getting the sat nav/radio unit off e-bay what come with everything i need to plug and play in my H2 but was told that i would need a uk disc and asking around in england no one seams to no is there anyone on here with any help on this matter as it will be no good without the sat nav disc help !!!:violin: :violin:

mountainbiker
11-28-2006, 01:02 AM
I assume as you don't have a nav disc that you imported your H2 into England. I wouldn't be too hopeful, but you might email the Parts Dept. at Bauer Millett (http://www.bauer-millett.com/controller.php?pag_id=11) in Manchester. They are the official UK's HUMMER dealer. Let us know how you make out.

Darren
11-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I think it's a fairly easy fit to put the NAV in BUT I don't believe there is a UK/Europe DVD ??? I may be wrong but if there is then I want one as well!

The NAV unit is very nice even if you just intend using it as a tuner and CD player - I'm going to fit an i-Pod adapter to mine.

Darren
11-28-2006, 11:36 AM
just spoke to Bauer Millet and they said no nav disc for the UK (although they arent likely to be inclined towards helping people who didnt bring their cars in through "official" channels!)- I'm wondeing if the disc from a different GM product (maybe the Cadillac system) for Europe would work?????? anyone tried it?

W1N
11-28-2006, 04:40 PM
just spoke to Bauer Millet and they said no nav disc for the UK (although they arent likely to be inclined towards helping people who didnt bring their cars in through "official" channels!)- I'm wondeing if the disc from a different GM product (maybe the Cadillac system) for Europe would work?????? anyone tried it?

Go for the aftermarket NAV!!!

f5fstop
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Go for the aftermarket NAV!!!

Agree. In addition, installing the factory NAV system will require a trip to the dealer to unlock the new unit when installed. The VIN info will not jive with the current BCM so the radiio will lock. Requires a Tech 2 to unlock and match the VIN

TOPLINE
11-28-2006, 08:03 PM
I was looking at one on ebay and they said they can do the radio so you dont have to go to the dealer for the tec 2 and all this for $100 extra but if i carnt get a disc i dont see the sence in getting it but there must be a way as i know someone in germany i think has sat nav in his but i carnt get hold of him to ask is there anyone on here in germany know if the sat nav works over there but is it as easy as takeing one unit out and replaceing it with the sat nav unit do you need a antena and diffrent wireing for it

Darren
11-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I guess you would need the antenna - but whats the point if the sat-nav disc isnt available? The Nav unit is nice and looks the part - you would need a double DIN aftermarket unit if you wanted to replace what you have stock which will be equally difficult to wire up - especially if you want to retain steering wheel controls etc (bear in mind that many of the aftermarket Nav units the guys is the states are fitting are able to support the GM interface - I doubt you will find a system that is UK nav compatible that will be available with GM USA steering wheel control interface).

Let us know if you find out whether your contact in Germany has a functioning factory fit nav unit and if so where he got the disc (I'm guessing off a vette or caddy?)

TOPLINE
11-28-2006, 09:48 PM
i was told darren if i have a x or a y thingy in the glove box that the bose system is compatable and should just plug in and play as i said the seller on ebay said that he could do it so its just out and in but no disc for the sat nav but every thing else was included for $500 amd $65 to post but as you say its no good without the disc and for ?320 i could get a great stero over here

frenzy1
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't trust it. I went for an aftermarket TOMTOM navigator. Works PERFECT all over Europe !

Frenzy
Belgium

mountainbiker
11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
The TOMTOM even works in the USA as I see the same models being sold there (e.g., at Target).

I too was thinking about a TOMTOM, but my biggest concert was that you always must hide it away everytime you stop somewhere to prevent the risk of theft. My friend in England told me if they see the empty bracket or a suction cup circle mark on the window, they will break-in to look for your portable SATNAV. The joy of the OEM ones is it reduces some of these issues.

The HUMMER H3s are now being made in South Africa for Europe and beyond. I wonder when these hit the shores in the UK what SATNAV radio (if any) will be offered? We need someone with some insider knowledge on these models. Maybe f5fstop knows.

Vettster
12-01-2006, 02:57 AM
I have been trying to locate a disc for Mexico.
They don't exist.
Better spending your money on something else.
Pioneer ot Tom Tom come to mind.

TOPLINE
12-01-2006, 10:04 PM
so if i buy a unit out of a hummer and if mine has a x or y on the audio info in the glove box will it fit in and work if the seller on ebay de-codes it so i dont have to tec 2 it at the dealer it will work as a radio and C.D player with a touch screen might look better than the standard one then if i get a nav disc wonderful :twak: :twak:

AK47
12-04-2006, 07:22 PM
I assume as you don't have a nav disc that you imported your H2 into England. I wouldn't be too hopeful, but you might email the Parts Dept. at Bauer Millett (http://www.bauer-millett.com/controller.php?pag_id=11) in Manchester. They are the official UK's HUMMER dealer. Let us know how you make out.

I would not ask them , i would ask these guys www.hummer.cz ask for the guy to Ask is Rado he speaks English

AK47
12-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't trust it. I went for an aftermarket TOMTOM navigator. Works PERFECT all over Europe !

Frenzy
Belgium

I agree i did as well the TOM TOM great here in Czech

AK47
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I was looking at one on ebay and they said they can do the radio so you dont have to go to the dealer for the tec 2 and all this for $100 extra but if i carnt get a disc i dont see the sence in getting it but there must be a way as i know someone in germany i think has sat nav in his but i carnt get hold of him to ask is there anyone on here in germany know if the sat nav works over there but is it as easy as takeing one unit out and replaceing it with the sat nav unit do you need a antena and diffrent wireing for it

As i said in another thread ask these guys www.hummer.cz , write to a guy called Rado he speaks english , all there parts etc etc are 40% cheaper than the UK , i would not buy **** from them

TOPLINE
12-05-2006, 10:24 PM
thanks AK47 i droped him a email if no responce i will ring them unless you can ask for me and let me know but thanks for the link :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

auh2
12-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Hmm similar problem here in Australia, as part of my deal on a 2006 H2 Lux, the 'upgraded' touch screen system was included...I was aware tho that an Aussie map [perhaps] wasn't available here for the US unit either...but it is diappointing to find that the DVD/CD unit..only at this stage recognises CDs, we tried a multi region DVD disc..the message indicated that it only reads the map disc if it was inserted..

We will be pulling this unit out and putting in a neat double din screen that has 2 drives behind one CD/DVDs and another for the map DVD itself ..unit is by Eclipse..

:grouphug:

mountainbiker
12-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Anyone planning a vacation to South Africa? I just wonder what they are putting in those H3s as S.A. is suppose to soon be producing the H3s that appear in Europe, and an H3 SAT NAV unit may fit in the H2.

AK47
12-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi dont know if anyone can help but i was thinking of getting the sat nav/radio unit off e-bay what come with everything i need to plug and play in my H2 but was told that i would need a uk disc and asking around in england no one seams to no is there anyone on here with any help on this matter as it will be no good without the sat nav disc help !!!:violin: :violin:

I told you to write to this Guy at www.hummer.cz ask for rado i will get his mobile number and privite email address that lot in England are bunch of thiefs

AK47
12-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Here is the link

for him http://www.hummer.cz/hummer-shop/kontakt.php
and this link
http://www.hummer.cz/servis-offroad-shop/kontakt.php

Tell him you spoke to me these guys are good and have a load of stuff in stock

Ah the bottom number is his mobile you need to add 00420 then the number

AK47
12-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi I dropped in to Hummer today to ask about the disk what they said there was never one made for the european market, however he did say that since H2 are made in Russia, and have been for some time, that there has been some requests for NAV , so i will ask the wife to call them and ask ,,,,,,there also is a way to have a seperate Nav system hooked up to the nav , now i am not the man to ask but from what i here an electronics guy make a outside Nav player show onto your screen ie you Hummer Nav , changing some little bits inside , this would make sence and give you more choice on disks for all of central europe ,,,,,,,,,i will try and get more info .

Anyway if any guys in Europe need help with the Guys here in Czech let me know there prices on filters and most parts are more than half the price of all othere european dealers , plus they have a good shop of clothes that they deighned themselves ,,,,,,,,,,,,i can buy and post on

AK47
12-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Here is where you will see photos i can send more let me know if anybody wants

http://www.hummertruckworld.com/EUROCO/ click on link