PDA

View Full Version : Storm, Floods, Water ban, Blizzard, now......

DennisAJC
11-29-2006, 04:38 AM
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!!!!!!

:jump:

DennisAJC
11-29-2006, 04:41 AM
For extreme weather purposes, we are required to label our children. Just in case they get lost in a snow storm.

DennisAJC
11-29-2006, 04:43 AM
The roads are covered in sheets of ice. Hummer country.

DennisAJC
11-29-2006, 04:45 AM
But as night falls, another system is on it's way.:mad:

ROX
11-29-2006, 05:11 AM
But as night falls, another system is on it's way.:mad:YAY! More Snow!!! Woo hoo!:jump: :dancingbanana:

MDimitri
11-29-2006, 05:39 AM
I love the snow!!! We got dumped on here in Calgary along with really cold weather...I was going down an offramp from CountryHills Drive onto Deerfoot trail North, heading towards Red Deer, anyway...as I was near the bottom I started to slide sideways...instead of sliding onto the highway I decided to go into the ditch...three cars started to slow down and one of the drivers started to laugh...the next thing the driver saw me do was two 360's on the flat area beside the overpass and then I proceeded to climb out of the ditch and back on the highway....LOL!!! I had a hoot!!The driver then looked at me with his mouth on the floor of his car....Hahahahahahahahaha what a moron!

http://weichei2k5.de/supersmilies/page1/36_2_35.gif

dochummer
11-29-2006, 06:18 AM
OOOHHHH I hope we get some snow like that this year..... :jump:

dochummer
11-29-2006, 06:19 AM
:perfect10s:

I love the snow!!! We got dumped on here in Calgary along with really cold weather...I was going down an offramp from CountryHills Drive onto Deerfoot trail North, heading towards Red Deer, anyway...as I was near the bottom I started to slide sideways...instead of sliding onto the highway I decided to go into the ditch...three cars started to slow down and one of the drivers started to laugh...the next thing the driver saw me do was two 360's on the flat area beside the overpass and then I proceeded to climb out of the ditch and back on the highway....LOL!!! I had a hoot!!The driver then looked at me with his mouth on the floor of his car....Hahahahahahahahaha what a moron!

CO Hummer
11-29-2006, 06:47 AM
It's snowing here at 8000 Feet tonight. Looks like we have about 6 inches so far, and it's supposed to keep up through tomorrow.

:D

CO Hummer
11-29-2006, 06:48 AM
Awwww. Look at the poor Burb.:crying:

CO Hummer
11-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Forcast for Evergreen:

Wednesday
Snow...colder. Additional snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches. Highs 10 to 16. North winds 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

http://icons-aa.wunderground.com/graphics/conds/nt_snow.GIFWednesday Night
Snow in the evening...then scattered snow showers after midnight. Total snow accumulations of 10 to 24 inches. Lows 9 below to 1 above zero. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph after midnight.

DennisAJC
11-29-2006, 07:14 AM

:beerchug:

DennisAJC
11-29-2006, 07:17 AM
It's snowing here at 8000 Feet tonight. Looks like we have about 6 inches so far, and it's supposed to keep up through tomorrow.

:D

Sweeeeet!:D

Mrs.ssippi
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Ya'll SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last time I saw snow, in Jackson, was about 7 years ago. It snowed about an inch and the whole city shut down. We get ice every once in a while. When they forcast snow or ice, everyone rushes to the store and there is no milk, ice, water and bread to be found. It gets crazy. But the funny thing is to go to the store when they forcast snow or ice and you see all the women in their minks, because it is the only time it is cold enough to wear them. That is a PETA persons dream they could throw paint or whatever they do on about 200 women at one time. :jump:

CO Hummer
11-29-2006, 04:34 PM
When they forcast snow or ice, everyone rushes to the store and there is no milk, ice, water and bread to be found.

I lived in Atlanta/Athens for 4 years and they did the same thing. That always cracked me up. Some times they'd cancel schools for the next day, just based a forecast of snow. Then, it would end up being clear and 60 degrees, but everything stayed canceled. :rolleyes:

DennisAJC
11-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh Crap. Here it comes. It's starting to come down hard.:rant:

Over a dozen cancelled meetings.

Guess what I'm doing at the office to kill time?:jump:

CO Hummer
11-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Here's the weather cam located just outside our building.

robb
11-29-2006, 10:12 PM
I lived in Atlanta/Athens for 4 years and they did the same thing. That always cracked me up. Some times they'd cancel schools for the next day, just based a forecast of snow. Then, it would end up being clear and 60 degrees, but everything stayed canceled. :rolleyes:

Same here!!! Im about an hour north of ATL.

Agriv8r
11-29-2006, 10:29 PM
great pics:perfect10s:

Boar-Ral
11-29-2006, 11:40 PM
When they forcast snow or ice, everyone rushes to the store and there is no milk, ice, water and bread to be found.
I do not see how this can be possible, given the situation. ;)

Boar-Ral
11-29-2006, 11:45 PM

I can understand that. We were going to make our way to Calgary to visit but other things came up. We counted over 25 vehicles in the ditch between Edmonton and Leduc on the Queen Elizabeth II Highway. (Only about 15 km.) It was pretty insane, and of course we were doing it in the car, with ****ty brakes, failing ABS, and a thermostat that needs to be replaced, so the windshield was freezing over. The way I look at it though is that if I can do well with the car, it'll be a breeze in the Hummer. I keep trying to drive like a dink in parking lots and stuff, but the traction control takes away my fun. :( The car is more amusing in that regard. :D