PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Largest Plane. Maiden voyage to North America

DennisAJC
11-29-2006, 09:24 PM
It's first and only visit was here in Vancouver before it goes back to Europe.:p

Apperantly, YVR was one of the rare airports modern enough to take a massive plane like this.

Scary massive and erie quiet!

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/bc/index.html#

TOPLINE
11-29-2006, 09:58 PM
WOW some plane that 880 passengers now thats some coffee

:perfect10s: for air bus

PARAGON
11-29-2006, 11:37 PM
WOW some plane that 880 passengers now thats some coffee

:perfect10s: for air busDudes, wake up.

The A380 is NOT the world's largest plane and it's landing impact is less than that of the typical 747, so the airport choice had nothing to do with runway capacity. The largest airplane is, and has always been, the HK-1 Hercules which is now in a museum in Oregon. The largest flying plane is the AN-225 Russian cargo plane.

The A380 is near failure. 2 years behind and $2B over budget. Several companies have already backed out of their orders for the plane and gone with Boeing. The landing separation distance for the A380 will be twice that of the 747, meaning it will take up 2 landing spots for every landing, further increasing airport traffic problems.

CO Hummer
11-29-2006, 11:52 PM
The largest flying plane is the AN-225 Russian cargo plane.

I see these once in a while. They are unbelievable. The aerospace companies hire them to transport large rockets. It's a pretty pricey rental too.

DennisAJC
11-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Dudes, wake up.

The A380 is NOT the world's largest plane and it's landing impact is less than that of the typical 747, so the airport choice had nothing to do with runway capacity. The largest airplane is, and has always been, the HK-1 Hercules which is now in a museum in Oregon. The largest flying plane is the AN-225 Russian cargo plane.

The A380 is near failure. 2 years behind and $2B over budget. Several companies have already backed out of their orders for the plane and gone with Boeing. The landing separation distance for the A380 will be twice that of the 747, meaning it will take up 2 landing spots for every landing, further increasing airport traffic problems.

You're right Paragon. The Anatov is the biggest. That thing was here at our annual airshow. That thing is more of a sight to see. I have to ask myself how something that big could fly.

As for near failure, the guys at Boeing have a similar problem. I was there last week. Learned alot of things. Going back there next week for a walk around.:beerchug:

You guys ever seen a Boeing H2 Edition?:giggling:

:dancingbanana:

PARAGON
11-30-2006, 01:56 AM
You're right Paragon. The Anatov is the biggest. That thing was here at our annual airshow. That thing is more of a sight to see. I have to ask myself how something that big could fly.

As for near failure, the guys at Boeing have a similar problem. I was there last week. Learned alot of things. Going back there next week for a walk around.:beerchug:

You guys ever seen a Boeing H2 Edition?:giggling:

:dancingbanana:Damn Canadians.... always exaggerating the size of things.:giggling:

We use to have air shows, til people complained it was too noisy and the Air Natn'l Guard complained they couldn't use their runway for one weekend.

I'm sure it's a sight to behold, but it is plagued with all sorts of things that will kill it's success. The only reason it's still alive is because the EU has basically given Airbus an blank check to get it built.

BTW, do you need a personal secretary during your tour of the Boeing plant? I have some free time coming up.:giggling:

DennisAJC
11-30-2006, 02:19 AM
Damn Canadians.... always exaggerating the size of things.:giggling:

We use to have air shows, til people complained it was too noisy and the Air Natn'l Guard complained they couldn't use their runway for one weekend.

I'm sure it's a sight to behold, but it is plagued with all sorts of things that will kill it's success. The only reason it's still alive is because the EU has basically given Airbus an blank check to get it built.

BTW, do you need a personal secretary during your tour of the Boeing plant? I have some free time coming up.:giggling:

I'm afraid if you come along, you might re-design the damn plane.:giggling:

PARAGON
11-30-2006, 02:38 AM
I'm afraid if you come along, you might re-design the damn plane.:giggling:That's just mean!;)