PDA

View Full Version : Snow and wipers are like oil and water. they dont mix

KONG
11-30-2006, 10:58 AM
This is the second time that snow has fallen while owning my hummer. The first time, I was driving on the interstate and I wasnt to pleased with the way the snow just packed on the windshield and the wipers werent very effective so I replaced them with new ones. Now for this last snow fall, I got totally upset with the build up again on the windshield. And after a while of driving, the wipers froze and were useless. I had to stop and wipe the snow off the windshield and clean the wipers only to have it happen again 15-20 minutes later...
What have you guys done to your H2 to prevent this Build up and wiper failure?

ree
11-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Turn on the defrost and turn the temp up enough to quickly melt the snow that's sitting on the windshield.

Big Z
11-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Use Winter Blades, 20/10 window cleaner-winter mix-along with the Defrost turned up!

timgco
11-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Hot Shot Wiper System.

CO Hummer
11-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Turn on the defrost and turn the temp up enough to quickly melt the snow that's sitting on the windshield.

Agree. That's about the only thing that works unless you get some of those heated wipers, which are pretty cool.

ree
11-30-2006, 05:10 PM
KONG,
Is this your first vehicle? Or your first time in snow?

I sort of assumed you were yanking our chain about this.
How else is the snow supposed to disappear from any windshield other than melting it (with defrost)?

murf
11-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Best method is crank your defrost all the way up on high and 90 and crack your window. The snow will not build up, and you won't get hot.

This is the second time that snow has fallen while owning my hummer. The first time, I was driving on the interstate and I wasnt to pleased with the way the snow just packed on the windshield and the wipers werent very effective so I replaced them with new ones. Now for this last snow fall, I got totally upset with the build up again on the windshield. And after a while of driving, the wipers froze and were useless. I had to stop and wipe the snow off the windshield and clean the wipers only to have it happen again 15-20 minutes later...
What have you guys done to your H2 to prevent this Build up and wiper failure?

KONG
11-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Well guys I did try the defrost (both times) and it did not work. I will look into the hot shot thing though.

Mr. I - Man
12-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Hot Shot Wiper System.

X2 Amen