PDA

View Full Version : False low fuel reading

humdoc
04-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Yesterday I was running some errands in the H2, and at one store the parking spot was on a very steep incline--I parked with the front of the H2 pointing down. I had about 1/4 tank of gas. When I came back out and started up the H2, the fuel guage needle was at empty and the low fuel warning light was on and the computer did not indicate a "range"--it stated something like "low fuel". I figured this was temporary and drove off. After about 5 minutes of driving on a level surface, the fuel guage needle was still at zero, and the warning light was on. I pulled over to the side of the road, turned the H2 off and then restarted it. Everything came back to normal and indicated 1/4 tank. Is this just a quirk of the H2 or is there something faulty with my system? Rob

humdoc
Yesterday I was running some errands in the H2, and at one store the parking spot was on a very steep incline--I parked with the front of the H2 pointing down. I had about 1/4 tank of gas. When I came back out and started up the H2, the fuel guage needle was at empty and the low fuel warning light was on and the computer did not indicate a "range"--it stated something like "low fuel". I figured this was temporary and drove off. After about 5 minutes of driving on a level surface, the fuel guage needle was still at zero, and the warning light was on. I pulled over to the side of the road, turned the H2 off and then restarted it. Everything came back to normal and indicated 1/4 tank. Is this just a quirk of the H2 or is there something faulty with my system? Rob

humdoc

JamesT
04-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Check to be sure your gas cap is on tight

Navigator
04-10-2004, 01:20 AM
now belezeebub for sure isnt going to buy one http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DRTYFN
04-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Oh my god!!! I am so not going to park on any kind of a hill. I'm sure!! I'm like, why would it totally not show the right level? I'm all, like, ya know, worried now!!

ssgharkness020147
04-10-2004, 06:04 AM
It sounds to me like HUMMER is continuing the tradition of crappy innacurate gauges that the H1's are known for have carried over in to the H2's. But, seriously the the fuel float in your tank probably got stuck. Next time it happens go to a strip mall and hit a speed bump at 15 or 20. That should take care of it.