PDA

View Full Version : H2 winch question

olegk
12-06-2006, 01:44 AM
I Just purchased a champion winch 7500 LBS http://www.cpeauto.com/de7500lb_winch.htm
The box of the winch had a pictureof an H2 on it. It comes with a universal winch mounting plate. My question is, what other ways can i mount the winch? I have heard of detachable winch mounts and winch bumpers. What is the best way of mounting it on the Hummer H2?

PARAGON
12-06-2006, 01:54 AM
I would put in on your ATV and that's about it.

I've seen these at Sam's Wholesale Club.

With a winch rated at 7K lbs, it's going to probably be able to pull only 4K or so with it spooled up. Maybe 5K with have the rope out.

You could use a snatch block every time, but that still is stretching it with that winch because it is not very well made. I assure it's not worth spending any more money on determining a way to mount only it.

Sorry.

Arizona Hummerboy
12-07-2006, 04:21 AM
I would return that winch, and buy a Warn 9.5 TI Multi mount. Something that will pull the Hummer Out.

olegk
12-07-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll take a more positive view and say that while it won't serve you well when the going gets real touigh, but it will work a lot of the time. Most winch pulls are nowhere near the weight of the vehicle. That said, for a little more you could have bought a T-Max, SuperWinch, or even Mile Marker 9k winch.

It comes with a universal mount, and as you've discovered, it won't readily fit an H2. You can either get someone who knows what they are doing to weld a 2" receiver bracket to it, or buy a multi mount style carrier, which is most probably a better idea. You'll also need some quick disconnect cables, so that you can easily remove it.

thank you for the info. Where can i buy the multi mount style carrier?