PDA

View Full Version : Winch Wiring

ROX
12-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Here are some pics of the winch wiring for a portable winch that can be moved from the front of the vehicle to the back.

I used the Warn cables for front and rear placement.

ROX
12-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Hood open...The extra cable is pushed down under the bumper. The small grille is cut out so that it won't bend when the hood is open.

ROX
12-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Solenoid placement in the engine bay

ROX
12-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Here is a pic of the rear connector. I wouldn't recommend this orientation because the wiring is not protected from possible damage on a rock or stump or whatever.

ROX
12-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Extra length of wiring is bundled up underneath near the air compressor and zip tied in place. The cable is run on top of the driverside frame rail.

I hope this helps!:D

KenP
12-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Nice clean install. Did you just do it, everything is so shiney?:giggling: :p

ROX
12-08-2006, 01:51 AM
Nice clean install. Did you just do it, everything is so shiney?:giggling: :pThose are shameful, dirty, yucky pictures. Someone wanted to know how it was done, so I quickly took some pics today. I haven't cleaned it since it was painted. :( Poor thing. double:( :(

KenP
12-08-2006, 02:05 AM
Those are shameful, dirty, yucky pictures. Someone wanted to know how it was done, so I quickly took some pics today. I haven't cleaned it since it was painted. :( Poor thing. double:( :(T!!! Get that thing detailed for Christmas!!!!:perfect10s: :giggling: ;)

Big Z
12-08-2006, 04:11 AM
Those are shameful, dirty, yucky pictures. Someone wanted to know how it was done, so I quickly took some pics today. I haven't cleaned it since it was painted. :( Poor thing. double:( :(

I haven't cleaned it since it was painted.

So, let me get this straight!......The Queen Of Bling....Is really a closet........Bling Hater! :confused: .....And DEEP Down is having.....re-occuring..Black It out, thoughts!? :jump: :clapping: :grouphug: :giggling: :D

timgco
12-08-2006, 04:22 AM
Nice Job Rox. T did a nice job! :clapping:

How is T?

ROX
12-08-2006, 04:49 AM
So, let me get this straight!......The Queen Of Bling....Is really a closet........Bling Hater! :confused: .....And DEEP Down is having.....re-occuring..Black It out, thoughts!? :jump: :clapping: :grouphug: :giggling: :D NEVER!:D

ROX
12-08-2006, 04:54 AM
Nice Job Rox. T did a nice job! :clapping:

How is T?Actually, I had the dealership swap all my stuff onto the 2005, so I didn't do it. I just told them where I wanted all the connectors and the switch in the cab. I don't get as dirty that way.:giggling: ;)

T is just fine! We're looking forward to seeing you in April!

ROX
12-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks Phil! I knew someone would have a pic to show the proper way to wire the rear connector. Another tip is that it shouldn't be mounted too far away for the pig tail on the winch to reach.