PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had this noise coming from dash?

JDLarue
12-09-2006, 06:09 AM
I haven't read about this one in here yet but it's drivin:twak: g me freakin crazy. When I go around a corner it sounds like something is rolling across the dash board all the way from one side to the other. It's quiet until I make an opposite turn then it rolls across to the other side.

I know someones gonna say I dropped a coin down the vent or something but I checked in the vents and there's nothing in there. Besides the vents don't go all the way across. I've looked in between the windshield and the dash and there's nothing there either. I'm on the verge of getting a pick axe and a sledge and going to work on the dash.

Has anyone else had this problem with an 03 H2 SUV?

OrangeCrush
12-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Haven't had it with my H2 but many years ago (1987) I bought a new Nissan Hardbody pickup truck.

I ran the Nissan dealership bodyshop and my being anal about noises and squeeks would drive me crazy.

Every week I would tear more and more crap out of the truck in order to isolate the noise.

It got to the point, they caught me driving around the parking lot with no doors and no fenders. I pulled the hood to check the cowl panel.

It would drive me absolutely crazy.

FINALLY I pulled the dash and found a 10mm manufacturer's magnetic socket and extension.

Apparently it was left under the dash and everytime I would turn a corner, it would roll.... but because of the magnet, it would "cling" to any metal surface intermittently.

I still have that extension and socket to this day as a reminder but it drove me crazy for months.

You'll probably have to do the same thing.

Mark

Dug
12-10-2006, 04:11 AM
you might have a loose bolt or nut or socket rolling around. Did you work or install anything lately?

JDLarue
12-10-2006, 10:29 AM
No, I didn't do any work on it. It just started all of a sudden for no apparent reason. That's why I thought maybe a coin or something fell between the dash and windshield cause that's the only area I can see where something could roll all the way across. Thing is there's foam in that area so it wouldn't make any noise. I just can't figure it out.

Dug
12-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Could it be possible something is rolling around in your console between the seats? If not. You might have to try a long flexible cable with magnet on end and stick down defroster vents. That will do no good if object isnt metal. Good luck.

Adam in CO
12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Remember the scene in "Tommy Boy" when Farley's M&Ms go spilling across the dash and down into the vents on Spade's classing ride? Good stuff.

HummBob
12-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Remember the scene in "Tommy Boy" when Farley's M&Ms go spilling across the dash and down into the vents on Spade's classing ride? Good stuff.

:jump: