PDA

View Full Version : I think it's time to move.

devilsfan
12-14-2006, 08:22 PM
This happened about 5 blocks from my house last night.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA121406.driveby.EN.9545c1b.html

Yah, time to leave the Ghett-to.

Stacy

HummerHippy
12-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Scary!

Wouldn't have anything to do with different gun laws in TX would it?

Scouts Out
12-14-2006, 08:51 PM
16 gun shots and only one person hit.... sounds like you are good for at least 15 more drive bys...

ROX
12-14-2006, 09:11 PM
A Dodge pickup and a Lincoln, huh? Someones Daddy is gonna be really upset.

Stacy, maybe Adam would come down with the Neighborhood Swat team, and do some patrolling for you.;)

KenP
12-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Probably the punk ass bishes from up the street.

Haven't you put that place up forsale?:twak:

Gunner_45
12-15-2006, 12:22 AM
HummerHippy---

That sort of sh^t happens in spite of the laws.
I would guess that none of the involved parties had a CCL
issued by the state nor were their weapons obtained through
legal/conventional channels.

Devilsfan--- You could always apply some of this?..

Rhino Linings REXAR? military coating application will not let you down
in the heat of battle. Our rugged industrial linings stand guard against impact,
abrasion, and corrosion, and are the ideal lining for protecting the vehicles and
equipment that protect our troops.

? Ballistic percussion protection
? Explosive detonation chamber exteriors
? HMMWV exteriors
? Howitzer interiors

h2co-pilot
12-15-2006, 12:44 AM
It said it was a quiet NorthWESTSIDE neighborhood.:giggling:

Sorry Stacy, maybe it was just PS3 rage.:D

Anyhow, can't wait for you to move either.

dеiтайожни
12-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Drive-bys are awesome. How many times do you get to run out of your house with an assault riffle and shoot at cars in all the chaos and not have to answer for a single shot?

f5fstop
12-15-2006, 01:56 AM
16 gun shots and only one person hit.... sounds like you are good for at least 15 more drive bys...

Gangbangers have never been known to be good shots. :jump:

Mrs.ssippi
12-15-2006, 03:28 AM
Gangbangers have never been known to be good shots. :jump:They eat their young. :giggling:

GLBLWARMR
12-15-2006, 04:06 AM
You get used to the gun shots after a while. I used to live in Oakland. Its like living near an airport after a while you don't even hear them.

Steve - SanJose
12-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Don't forget to wear your vest for safety!

Storm Chaser
12-15-2006, 05:43 AM
We have had a bout in the recent past with that sort of thing here on the NE side of SA. Seems to run in cycles. A lot of the crime on this side of town seems to originate from Katrina victims.

DRTYFN
12-15-2006, 07:22 AM
We have had a bout in the recent past with that sort of thing here on the NE side of SA. Seems to run in cycles. A lot of the crime on this side of town seems to originate from Katrina victims.

You're not talking about these guys, are you?:shhh:

HummBob
12-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Drive-bys are awesome. How many times do you get to run out of your house with an assault riffle and shoot at cars in all the chaos and not have to answer for a single shot?

:D :D :D :D :D

Storm Chaser
12-15-2006, 02:17 PM
You're not talking about these guys, are you?:shhh:
Unfortunately, YES! :) San Antonio took these people in with open arms and they brought the crime with them. That's gratitude for you. It's dry already... Go home.

wpage
12-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Bring in this dude...

Mr. I - Man
12-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Is that ALLAH????:giggling: He does have the whole crescent moon thing going on

KenP
12-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Scary!

Wouldn't have anything to do with different gun laws in TX would it?Yeah, let's ban guns across the country so we all can live like they do in DC.:rolleyes:

devilsfan
12-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, you guys in the NE got hit hard with the Katrina people. There was a study out that showed the crime in SA increased greatly when the invasion hit. Like we needed a study to tell us that, tho.

It was weird - I had just turned on the news to see the report on the shooting and didn't know where it was at. Until I heard the helicopter on tv, then muted the tv and could still hear it. Not a good sign.

We're moving in April (and not to the NE side of SA. ;)). That's when hubby gets out of the military and starts his "real" job. We could afford a new place right now, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of moving 2x in less than 6 months.

Stacy

Storm Chaser
12-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah, you guys in the NE got hit hard with the Katrina people. There was a study out that showed the crime in SA increased greatly when the invasion hit. Like we needed a study to tell us that, tho.

It was weird - I had just turned on the news to see the report on the shooting and didn't know where it was at. Until I heard the helicopter on tv, then muted the tv and could still hear it. Not a good sign.

We're moving in April (and not to the NE side of SA. ;)). That's when hubby gets out of the military and starts his "real" job. We could afford a new place right now, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of moving 2x in less than 6 months.

Stacy

Yeah, Stacy. They took over a lot of motels and apartments. Landlords trying to make a quick buck off the government. But now I bet most regret it. I would really like to move out to the Hill Country, but guess I'm settled and will stay put.

Hunner
12-15-2006, 10:39 PM
When your neighbors have better automatic weapons than you do, its time to move!

KenP
12-16-2006, 12:06 AM
I won't move to New Orleans or any of the places those people relocated. They've all suffered.