PDA

View Full Version : Go wheeling more often!

hmcoleap
12-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Have your wife/girlfriend read this:
http://hummer.off-road.com/hummer/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=387666

ree
12-14-2006, 09:37 PM
I will do.

What's the secret to keeping the little boy from getting too restless?

hmcoleap
12-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Formula has been:

1) Keep the wheeling interesting; fortunately he LOVES big trucks, so the other trucks on the trails entertain him throughout
2) Have plenty of snacks/beverages available for him
3) Have a portable DVD player with some of his favorite shows on hand in case of emergencies!

He just turned 2 years old, and he still almost always falls asleep on parts of the trails... even when they are rough - it cracks me up.

I will do.

What's the secret to keeping the little boy from getting too restless?

ree
12-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Formula has been:

1) Keep the wheeling interesting; fortunately he LOVES big trucks, so the other trucks on the trails entertain him throughout
2) Have plenty of snacks/beverages available for him
3) Have a portable DVD player with some of his favorite shows on hand in case of emergencies!

Hmmm. I'm well versed on that formula. My boy has a 1.5-2 hour limit before he's got to get out and do a length out-of-vehicle activity :(

I guess we'll just have to practice.

hmcoleap
12-16-2006, 05:12 AM
How old?

My son is sleeping less and wanting to run around more as he gets older... most of his trail rides were between 18mos and 2 years of age -- this Spring he may be more challenging :)

He already tries to do field repairs on his own H2 - his older cousin helps out, too:

http://www.serious4x4.com/videos/GriffinFieldRepair.wmv

Hmmm. I'm well versed on that formula. My boy has a 1.5-2 hour limit before he's got to get out and do a length out-of-vehicle activity :(

I guess we'll just have to practice.

h2co-pilot
12-16-2006, 11:38 AM
That is great, Is that your wife Manny? I will try to get Ken to read it, but you know how they are.:giggling:

PARAGON
12-16-2006, 04:20 PM
We have a 5 YO girl that's been wheeling in the H2 since she was 2 and an 18 month old that did Moab at 5 months.

LONG trail days they stay behind at the hotel, but on average days they go. It gets broken up because they have to frequently get out due to the level of danger of the obstacle and they don't ride while I complete it.

ree
12-16-2006, 09:30 PM
How old?
Just over two. He's a spirited one though and must have restless leg syndrome.

hmcoleap
12-17-2006, 04:49 AM
Yup - that's my wifey... she tolerates me, which makes her something special! :D

That is great, Is that your wife Manny? I will try to get Ken to read it, but you know how they are.:giggling:

hmcoleap
12-17-2006, 04:53 AM
I leave the wife and son at home for the gnarly or extreme stuff -- I usually wait at least a week before I show her pictures of what I did so that she doesn't freak on me, too :p

I am certain that my son would love it, but I would be in trouble if I took him on the hairy stuff...

We have a 5 YO girl that's been wheeling in the H2 since she was 2 and an 18 month old that did Moab at 5 months.

LONG trail days they stay behind at the hotel, but on average days they go. It gets broken up because they have to frequently get out due to the level of danger of the obstacle and they don't ride while I complete it.