PDA

View Full Version : Mount Hood

f5fstop
12-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Watching the report from Mount Hood, in regard to the lost climbers. The guy from the 304th rescue squadron is giving the information, and there is a white '06 H3 over his right shoulder. Anyone here own that H3?????

Hope they find 'em. Guess they might be better equipped than originally thought, per a message they left, that was just found, read by the spokesman for the 304th.

usetosellhummer
12-15-2006, 10:42 PM
We really could use a good outcome before the holidays, that dude dying in the mountians last week was sad.

KenP
12-16-2006, 12:04 AM
I heard DRTY went up there to help look for them.:giggling:

wpage
12-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Watching the report from Mount Hood, in regard to the lost climbers. The guy from the 304th rescue squadron is giving the information, and there is a white '06 H3 over his right shoulder. Anyone here own that H3?????

Hope they find 'em. Guess they might be better equipped than originally thought, per a message they left, that was just found, read by the spokesman for the 304th.
Saw the clip. Good add opp for GM with the snow flying. Prayers for all involved!:grouphug:

BlueHUMMERH2
12-18-2006, 12:58 AM
They found the snow cave, but no one inside... I think they're dead. Sasquatch probably dispatched them during the huge storm.

BlueHUMMERH2
12-18-2006, 01:35 AM
One body found so far:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/17/missing.climbers/index.html

h2co-pilot
12-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Oh no.:(

DennisAJC
12-18-2006, 02:51 AM
Experienced idiots. HAHAHA!!!! They deserve to die. True Darwin candidates.

Funny how cold people were to the INEXPERIENCED family getting trapped and ultimately the husband dying trying to save his family. They stuck it out alot longer with less.

And here we have 3 EXPERIENCED outdoorsmen getting OWN3D by their own egos. Boo Hoo! I hope they find them alive!:crying: :OWNED:

I guess being prepared doesn't really matter does it?:shhh: I wonder if some here can analyse the shit out of this one too? Enlighten us on how the boneheads could have done a better job at not getting killed.:giggling:

ROX
12-18-2006, 02:55 AM
From the porch.

DennisAJC
12-18-2006, 03:10 AM
:jump: I can see them!!!!!:jump:

ROX
12-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Thru the scope.

ROX
12-18-2006, 03:25 AM
zoomed in. Sorry they aren't better pics, I was holding the camera up to the scope. The top of the Mtn is 11270 feet or so. These guys flew up to the tippy top. Cool. Too bad about the one guy.

h2co-pilot
12-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Oh Rox! That is beautiful!! That is from your porch?!:eek::cool:

Kinda creepy right now though. Is that a rescue helicopter?

But Wow!:beerchug:

ROX
12-18-2006, 04:18 AM
Oh Rox! That is beautiful!! That is from your porch?!:eek::cool:

Kinda creepy right now though. Is that a rescue helicopter?

But Wow!:beerchug:Yes, it's off the bedroom deck. I was looking thru the scope talking on the phone with Bebe and couldn't see anything. Went back a few minutes later and there was a Chinook on top. I wish the pics were better.

This one has the sun glinting off the helo. You could see it clearly with just the scope. (I need to find a camera adaptor ring so I can mount it on the scope.) I could see the Upper Chair lift on the glacier too. It was a very clear day finally.

GLBLWARMR
12-18-2006, 04:18 AM
I guess being prepared doesn't really matter does it?:shhh: Enlighten us on how the boneheads could have done a better job at not getting killed.:giggling:

Well for starters they could have waited to do the climb when weather is more stable (June/July):giggling: . I do not know the weather patterns for the west coast but I know better to try and climb Mt Washington, NH in December and that is only 6000 ft. The weather changes fast up there so I can only imagine how it behaves there at Mt Hood.

I agree these three are good candidates for the Darwin. If they wanted to become popsicles they might as well have gone skinny dipping in Alaska with the penguins. :fdance:

ROX
12-18-2006, 04:30 AM
I agree these three are good candidates for the Darwin. If they wanted to become popsicles they might as well have gone skinny dipping in Alaska with the penguins. :fdance:Agreed. But penguins live in the Antarctic, Dude. Not Alaska.:giggling:

Okay, Dennis! These guys are definitely dumber than Mr. Kim.:D ;)

GLBLWARMR
12-18-2006, 04:36 AM
Agreed. But penguins live in the Antarctic, Dude. Not Alaska.:giggling:

Yeah I am stupid today. I meant polar bears but it is to late to change it now.:giggling:

DennisAJC
12-18-2006, 05:15 AM
If they wanted to become popsicles they might as well have gone skinny dipping in Alaska with the penguins. :fdance:

HAHAHA!!!!!:giggling:

DennisAJC
12-18-2006, 05:16 AM
Okay, Dennis! These guys are definitely dumber than Mr. Kim.:D ;)

They are definitely Moab quality. :jump:

Can't wait for April.:p :beerchug:

KenP
12-18-2006, 07:22 AM
From the porch.Keep posting mountain pics so someone will stop thinking aobut FL.:shhh:

DRTYFN
12-18-2006, 07:33 AM
zoomed in. Sorry they aren't better pics, I was holding the camera up to the scope. The top of the Mtn is 11270 feet or so. These guys flew up to the tippy top. Cool. Too bad about the one guy.
Awesome pictures!!! You really could see the rotors when we were talking.:perfect10s:

DRTYFN
12-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Rox, you should send those in to the tv stations.

ROX
12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Rox, you should send those in to the tv stations.I'm leaving today for Idaho. I'm thinking of stopping on my way by Mt. Hood and snapping a few more photos since it's another clear SuNNy day.

Why would I send them in? They're blurry. :(

HummBebe
12-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Keep posting mountain pics so someone will stop thinking aobut FL.:shhh:

Blow down, build up, blow down, build up = Fl. :giggling:

HummBebe
12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Holy moley Rocks, those pics are too cool! :beerchug:

That Chinook looks Huge!!!

DRTYFN
12-18-2006, 06:45 PM

Funny how cold people were to the INEXPERIENCED family getting trapped and ultimately the husband dying trying to save his family. They stuck it out alot longer with less.

And here we have 3 EXPERIENCED outdoorsmen getting OWN3D by their own egos. Boo Hoo! I hope they find them alive!:crying: :OWNED:

I guess being prepared doesn't really matter does it?:shhh: I wonder if some here can analyse the **** out of this one too? Enlighten us on how the boneheads could have done a better job at not getting killed.:giggling:

Is this because they weren't AZN like that dummy, Kim? I thought all of you AZN were crafty & technologically savvy. Why didn't he have a GPS? I mean, he worked for CNET!!!:giggling:
These 3 idiots got what they had coming to them - Darwin Awards. They should have known better than to try to screw with Mother Nature.:OWNED:

KenP
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Someone in this house just asked if infra-red would work in locating them. I had to explain that if you're frozen solid you don't emit heat.
:giggling: :jump: :giggling:

BlueHUMMERH2
12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Someone in this house just asked if infra-red would work in locating them. I had to explain that if you're frozen solid you don't emit heat.
:giggling: :jump: :giggling:
That's a good point. :D What is the chance that they are not frozen solid? It has to be extremely slim.

KenP
12-19-2006, 06:41 PM
That's a good point. :D What is the chance that they are not frozen solid? It has to be extremely slim.The reports yesterday said the first guy found was solid. Don't know how accurate that is, tho.

Mr. I - Man
12-19-2006, 06:51 PM
One word for these dipsh*ts (actually a couple, but since its an acronym. well fvck it yall know what I mean)

"P.L.B"

personal locator beacon

this little device would have saved them in hours :rant:

DRTYFN
12-19-2006, 11:50 PM
One word for these dipsh*ts (actually a couple, but since its an acronym. well fvck it yall know what I mean)

"P.L.B"

personal locator beacon

this little device would have saved them in hours :rant:
I was listening to Lars Larsen(local radio show) and someone called in to say requiring someone to wear a PLU(personal locator unit) would be an invasion of privacy. Uhmmmm, okayyyy.... We'll be sure to ignore the fact that hikers that declined to wear a PLU didn't show up. I'm sure they'll turn up sometime... like in the spring or when the glacier eventually spits them out.

BlueHUMMERH2
12-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I would not go out anywhere in the Western backcountry without a locator beacon. Where I've skied in the East, I sometimes think maybe I should have one... But out West.... Anything off-trail, off-piste should require the use of a locator beacon.

So I guess they didn't have them? Idiots....

KenP
12-20-2006, 09:40 PM
The search has now turned to "recovery".