PDA

View Full Version : Front End Lift from Ultimate Hummer

VAHUMMER
12-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I read the article in Ultimate Hummer Mag this month and I am contemplating the front end lift to stop my front tire rubbing issue.

Has anyone else tried this approach?

KenP
12-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I read the article in Ultimate Hummer Mag this month and I am contemplating the front end lift to stop my front tire rubbing issue.

Has anyone else tried this approach?Is that the one with the torsion keys? If so, it's not so good and I've yet to see someone recommend it.

Where in VA are you?

VAHUMMER
12-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Winchester, VA
Top of the state.

VAHUMMER
12-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes, it is the one with the trorsion keys. I just need an inch or two of extra clearance.

timgco
12-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Ultimate HUMMER mag can ki$$ my a$$. They owe me three issues.
ULTIMATE HUMMER MAG = suck.

OrangeCrush
12-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Yes, it is the one with the trorsion keys. I just need an inch or two of extra clearance.

You can get an extra inch to inch and a half just by turning the stock torsion bars. Anything more will give it a crappy ride.

Mark

DDWH
12-22-2006, 03:33 AM

:iagree:

KenP
12-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Winchester, VA
Top of the state.Ever go to the Gold Cup? What a great time!!! Love going to it!!!

Ignore PhilD's post. He has all the correct answers, but it's just funny to ignore him.;) :giggling:

BTW, did I mention not buying the keys?:dancingbanana:

PARAGON
12-22-2006, 05:37 PM
X2 You do not need any additional keys to raise the front 1-2".

If you want spend money on doing it right, then change the upper control arms, but most people have been just fine cranking the t-bars.

This is sales spiel, but it is relevant and explains more about what is happening when you use + keys;

http://www.trailduty.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=36&products_id=361

for the money spent, I think the Cognito kit that replaces the upper control arms linked above is the best deal. I would be doing these in a heartbeat if I wasn't looking at doing other things.

I emailed with the guy that owns Cognito and discussed this and it's the best option for stock trucks. It will bring the front of the truck up without the harsh ride and with longer travel shocks, be more efficient even when off-road.

It changes the geometry just slightly while offering that slight rise to the front. That change in geometry keeps everything correct up front while simply over torquing the torsion bars does not and will cause premature wear and the harsh ride.

I am trying to get them to make more things for our front end to make it stronger because they have the GM IFS figured out.

robb
12-22-2006, 06:55 PM

I ordered a subscription from them over a year ago and never recieved the first issue.

obzidian
12-22-2006, 10:40 PM
so far the cognito kit is what im leaning towards...

hummer74
12-23-2006, 04:58 AM
whats the cost on the cognito kit and what does install on something like that run? Im not so technically inclined so i wont be doing it myself.

PARAGON
12-23-2006, 02:33 PM
whats the cost on the cognito kit and what does install on something like that run? Im not so technically inclined so i wont be doing it myself.
http://www.trailduty.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=36&products_id=361

Albie
12-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Yes, it is the one with the trorsion keys. I just need an inch or two of extra clearance. I;ve need that extra inch since the 10th grade.........ehehehehe Yeah i have the same issue... I need 1.25 more inches...... I think my trorsion bolts are turned all the way out...