PDA

View Full Version : Air compressor accessory connection

drdonpalmer
01-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Hello all,
I have an 2000 H1 and of course it has CTIS with stock compressor. I don't have the accessory connection and would like to install it. It has a tee fitting with a standard shrader valve attached.
My question is what is the FACTORY setup for accessory air (pumping up other things like tires, matresses, rafts, etc.)and procedure for use? Do they remove the shrader valve and install a quick disconnect for your hose? Do they leave the shrader valve and simply attach your hose to it?
Once it is attached, do you operate the pump with the CTIS disconnected from all the tires? Or do you use the tire pressure to fill the accessories?
Perhaps all of the above will work and it is only preference. In your opinions, which is the best you've tried?
Thanks,
Dr. Palmer

Ground hawg
01-01-2007, 07:52 AM
My factory set up has the T with shreder valve, and yellow coil extedable hose that clips to the valve. when on the few occasions I have used it I've set the tire inflation to ALL. this way i figured if i wasn't using it 100% there would be a small presure buildup in all tires. it'sorked fine for me so far.

Hope this helps. the extension hose can be got from tractor supplys for a few bucks. theres also a few places on line where i've seen them also.

Regards Ground hawg

ssgharkness020147
01-01-2007, 10:30 PM
You can do as Groundhawg said. Or you can ditch that stupid shrader valve and install a quick disconnect and use any air hose you want. I believe the SOP for using the accesory is to disconnect the tires before using the compressor for other things.