PDA

View Full Version : GM Repair CD & DVD install

RI Hummer
01-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Does anyone have the GM repair CD for the H2 ( although it covers all models)? Is it worth the $300 to purchase it. When I owned a Yukon and GMC Sierra I used to have the printed manuals and found them very helpful for everything from removing dash panels and wiring diagrams for stereo customizing. I have the BMW CD's and they are not as complete as the repair books from GM I used to have. I'm looking for wiring diagrams for the navigation system and detailed instructions on removing the seats, dash, doors and center console. The installer that installed the Vizualogic headrests and DVD that came with the H2 was a chump as the install eats up most of the storage on the center console. It also means CD's can not be stored in the slots provided. Has anyone installed the DVD in the console so that it is parallel to the windshield and tight towards the front or rear of the console? I'm adding an FM modulator so I can play MP3's through the DVD player and hear it through the speakers. Tho one issue with the Nav system is having to remove the disc to play a CD and no factory changer available (is that correct?). I would rather play MP3's anyway as all my music is stored that way and I can get over 150 songs on an MP3 disc.

Thanks,

RI HUMMER

RI Hummer
Does anyone have the GM repair CD for the H2 ( although it covers all models)? Is it worth the $300 to purchase it. When I owned a Yukon and GMC Sierra I used to have the printed manuals and found them very helpful for everything from removing dash panels and wiring diagrams for stereo customizing. I have the BMW CD's and they are not as complete as the repair books from GM I used to have. I'm looking for wiring diagrams for the navigation system and detailed instructions on removing the seats, dash, doors and center console. The installer that installed the Vizualogic headrests and DVD that came with the H2 was a chump as the install eats up most of the storage on the center console. It also means CD's can not be stored in the slots provided. Has anyone installed the DVD in the console so that it is parallel to the windshield and tight towards the front or rear of the console? I'm adding an FM modulator so I can play MP3's through the DVD player and hear it through the speakers. Tho one issue with the Nav system is having to remove the disc to play a CD and no factory changer available (is that correct?). I would rather play MP3's anyway as all my music is stored that way and I can get over 150 songs on an MP3 disc.

Thanks,

RI HUMMER

RI Hummer

Thanks,

RI HUMMER

Hummie2
01-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Are these the ones? I have the 2003set and like them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43989&item=4517241977&rd=1

RI Hummer
01-06-2005, 09:19 PM
That's it. At that price it a HUGE deal. Thanks for the link I just bought a set. Now it's time to set up that old PC in the garage.

RI Hummer

RIC-H0
01-06-2005, 09:38 PM
OK now it's time to start burning copies, and selling them for half the price!
I'll be the 1st in line for my own set!

Ric-H2

Jimages
01-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Darn, I just picked up a set a week ago for $60. It's still worth it.

Well, if you can't find them on eBay you can get them here:
http://www.corvettedoctor.com/esi2005_VER19_infomation.htm

Jimages
01-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Forgot to mention the CD's did include the '05 H2!

Johnny T
01-09-2005, 02:01 AM
So anyone have a copy they can sell or send to me?

I would love to have a set.

Hummie2
01-09-2005, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So anyone have a copy they can sell or send to me?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Click the ebay link. Veiw sellers other items he has more sets listed. Or do a search under diagnostic tools/equipment for other sellers.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-11-2005, 12:05 AM
I ordered My set 1/9/05. I hope they are decent quality but for 39.00 I guess You cannot expect to much.

TAZ

Mike (by the beach)
01-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I have two sets of the hard copy 2 volume manual or the 2004 Hummer H2. I got one for Christmas - but I already had one. One set is still in the box. I plan to put it on ebay - but have not yet - $80 + 10 shipping. thanks .. Mike

RI Hummer
01-23-2005, 03:19 AM
I just installed the CD today. It's really useful, helped me find the wiring harness power I was looking for.

RI