PDA

View Full Version : Slantback

slantback h1
01-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Question to all slantback owners....What are you doing to your slantback cover to maintain the paint on the caulking between the roof and the cover? I am having a body shop look at two options. 1) Redo all of the caulking in a better fashion and repaint with an additive to allow expansion and contraction, this would make this a permanent part of the vehicle...or 2) look at placing weather-stripping so I could take the cover on and off.

Any feadback would be swell.....

ssgharkness020147
01-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Which slantack do you have??? Is it a factory truck, or a cal gold aftermarket slanback. My 97.5 slantback has a cal gold shell on it and there is weatherstriping between it and the roof seam. To give you a correct answear I need to know which truck you have, factory or aftermarket?

HUMMERDOGG.
01-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Carey-

If he's looking to take the "slantback" on and off, I doubt he has a factory slantback. I can't think of a time I would ever even contemplate trying to take mine off unless I'm needing body work done to the truck...

Which slantack do you have??? Is it a factory truck, or a cal gold aftermarket slanback.