PDA

View Full Version : Finally back in an H2...I have a few questions!

codeman671
01-05-2007, 02:49 AM
After trading my H2 in a year ago for a Denali XL I finally saw the light and got back into another H2, an 05 Lux (stealth gray, uplevel chrome package and winch). After searching through the threads I found some answers to my questions if I pieced a few threads together but since I have been "away" for a while I want to make sure I have it straight.

For adding an electric brake controller I saw a few threads where users had to cut, splice and mess with getting a brake controller to work. I noticed that Draw-Tite/Tekonsha/Intella-Stop are marketing a plug and play wiring harness to add a controller to the H2. Has anyone used these and are they really "plug and play" ?

Regarding front mount Warn winches (cradle mount that slide into the receiver) what do users do if their state requires a front license plate as many do? Or do you just not keep the winch on all the time?

For nav add-on, I do have the Y91 option with factory xm. Can any year nav work as long as it is made to be used in a Y91 application? Also, with the onstar being down where it is (unlike my denali which had it in the mirror with a changer there) is there a factory changer setup to work or are users going aftermarket? I will want to add a camera and ipod adapter to my nav head unit as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dug
01-06-2007, 02:16 AM
THis might help you , on your electric brake controller .
http://brandon.fuller.name/archives/2004/03/07/17.16.03/

tomp
01-06-2007, 03:50 AM
That link is false. You can wire it up using an OEM wiring harness adapter available from GM at your dealer, so you don't have to cut/run wires. In 06, the pin-outs changed. So for 06 or later year models you will need to re-do the wiring harness to match that of the pins in the panel under the dash.

MarineHawk
01-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Regarding front mount Warn winches (cradle mount that slide into the receiver) what do users do if their state requires a front license plate as many do? Or do you just not keep the winch on all the time?

I'm not absolutely certain, but I'm pretty sure that almost all members on here would agree that the removable, receiver-mounted winches are for wussies and commies only. :jump:

In case I'm wrong, I think many only install them when wheeling.

codeman671
01-08-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not absolutely certain, but I'm pretty sure that almost all members on here would agree that the removable, receiver-mounted winches are for wussies and commies only. :jump:

That may be the case...:giggling: However it came with the vehicle and since I am not really a hard core off-roader I really do not need anything nastier.

BDPJR
01-08-2007, 09:06 PM
That Marinehawk - what a funny guy....
codeman - I too have a removable winch and if I let my girlfriend or son use it when it's attached there's a chance that they might forget and impale the car / truck in front of them. I'm a part time wheeler even with Moab just 4 hrs south...
As for the relocation of the madatory plate - Utah also - I mounted it up on my rack. What do you think? I used to keep it between the seats and pull it out if I got pulled over. Pic - MVC005F - shows why a removable winch is a good idea. This was on Hells Revenge Trail last June. I have higher res pic's that can't be sent through Elcova that I could send to your regular e-mail if you want.
I hope this helps...
Brian