PDA

View Full Version : HUMMER H2 HEADREST LCD

WHOSNEXT
01-08-2007, 07:47 PM
What is a everyone useing for headrest monitors? saw these on ebay and was wondering if they are any good? 1440 x 234 Image Resolution? is this good? or should i be looking at something else. thanks

link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMMER-H2-HEADREST-LCD-ONLY-EBONY_W0QQitemZ270016638636QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3865 0QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

amstaffbair
01-08-2007, 08:35 PM
whats up NEXT? I see your avatar , not the greatest year for sleds?:lame:
I ride a DOO!
Im intersted in this post tooo!!!

I was quoted at 1700 at local shop! that ebay item looks good!!
Kepp me informed on how it goes!

codeman671
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
My last H2 had the Invision headrests with the separate dvd player under the seat like this setup. The new style in Visualogic or Invision has the dvd players in the headrest themselves. This is what I am planning on going with. Coast GMC/Cadillac in Portsmouth sells the Invision setup for $1995 installed and warrantied. This is the system that GM pushes as their add-on option for all vehicles.

Personally I like having the player in the headrest. Under the seat the player gets kicked, the kids drop foord on the floor which ends up on it, etc., not to mention changing the dvd is easier in the headrest than getting under the seat.

MONSTERMATT
01-09-2007, 10:43 PM
i got the visualogic headrest dvd there is a dvd in each headrest and this imo is the best way think they go for 1500$ i told dealer i wouldnt buy the truck unless they put em in, they thought i was crazy but then promptly did it:dancingbanana: :jump: :D

Diceman
01-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeti has some good ones for sale in Wheat...
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23307

codeman671
01-10-2007, 02:33 AM
I think the Vizualogic systems are well made and work well. $1700 is crazy money though. They sell for around;

A1000 Single DVD - $1200
A1000 Dual DVD - $1300

Where can you get them for $1300? I'd take a set at that price.

robb
01-10-2007, 03:34 AM
I found these on ebay about 4 weeks ago. Its the factory system that says HUMMER on the tv's and the dvd player that fits in the console. It came out of an 06.

Not bad for $500

twenty2
01-10-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm running the Vizualogic 9 inch monitors with the buit in DVD in the headrest. Its the A-2000 model. Got it for 1300 brand new with game pack as well. Forget the 7 inch.. go with the 9 inch!! Search my old posts for pics.:beerchug:

twenty2
01-10-2007, 04:06 AM
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9286&highlight=twenty2

try this link... I think I did this right???file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Laura/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

zeros
01-10-2007, 04:26 AM
looks great what is the biggest size monitor you can fit into a factory headrest? thanks

OrangeCrush
01-10-2007, 04:30 AM
What is a everyone useing for headrest monitors? saw these on ebay and was wondering if they are any good? 1440 x 234 Image Resolution? is this good? or should i be looking at something else. thanks

link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMMER-H2-HEADREST-LCD-ONLY-EBONY_W0QQitemZ270016638636QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3865 0QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Those work great. I bought a set over a year ago because I have a 12 and a 9 year old. Knowing full well they'd be sticking their fingers in the screen and doing stupid stuff, I absolutely refused to spend 1300 for headrest screens.

Anyway, I ended up buying those cheap ones and they work excellent. We've logged almost 40K miles in the last year driving all over the place, they've never given me any problems and besides... with the size of the screen, exactly how good of quality could you possibly expect. I compared my screen to a friend's vizualogic screens and I couldn't tell the difference.

I'm sure in some infinite way, they are better but for less than 400 bucks, I couldn't tell the difference. (not to mention the games and DVD player keep the girls sooooo quiet, I actually turned around to go back to the rest area to make sure they were still there... lol)

Buy them and put the other grand into something cool for your truck.

My .02 worth.

Mark

HummBob
01-10-2007, 05:20 AM
looks great what is the biggest size monitor you can fit into a factory headrest? thanks

9" to fit NICELY. I've seen 10" installed, but doesn't look clean and OEM as the the 9" Vizualogic's!!

WHOSNEXT
01-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Those work great. I bought a set over a year ago because I have a 12 and a 9 year old. Knowing full well they'd be sticking their fingers in the screen and doing stupid stuff, I absolutely refused to spend 1300 for headrest screens.

Anyway, I ended up buying those cheap ones and they work excellent. We've logged almost 40K miles in the last year driving all over the place, they've never given me any problems and besides... with the size of the screen, exactly how good of quality could you possibly expect. I compared my screen to a friend's vizualogic screens and I couldn't tell the difference.

I'm sure in some infinite way, they are better but for less than 400 bucks, I couldn't tell the difference. (not to mention the games and DVD player keep the girls sooooo quiet, I actually turned around to go back to the rest area to make sure they were still there... lol)

Buy them and put the other grand into something cool for your truck.

My .02 worth.

Mark

Mark, that?s what I wanted to here, how does the headrest match the seat? Is the head rest leather? I already have a dvd player and really don?t need another dvd in the headrest.

Butch_2
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi I have a set from same seller works great .had it for year now
I installed player in storage box in center console
PS this sellers customer service is great .
Not top of the range but woth it for the price- I did self install :)

TXSUT
01-10-2007, 06:25 PM
BTW If anyone's looking for a A1000 with single DVD player in Ebony Black, I have a brand new boxed set for $800.

Damn-it, too bad for me they're not wheat, since mine were stolen from my truck on Sunday. :rant:

TXSUT
01-10-2007, 07:49 PM
That sucks, hope they didn't smash up your vehicle too much getting in. They destroyed half my dash trying to get my head unit out, and never got it out.

Nope, all they did was punch in the passenger side keyhole, and that door still opens/closes and lock/unlocks by remote with no problem. All they took were the screens themselves, leaving me with the mangled headrests. I also figure that they must have had to make a quick getaway, because they left behind several pairs of expensive sunglasses that were in plain view. My wife had taken it out to dinner with friends, so thankfully, I always remove my .45 from the truck before she takes it.

What I wouldn't do to have a few minutes alone with those pondscum, bottom-feeding, lowlife sacks of dog$hit. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OrangeCrush
01-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Mark, that?s what I wanted to here, how does the headrest match the seat? Is the head rest leather? I already have a dvd player and really don?t need another dvd in the headrest.

The headrest matches the seat exactly. Same leather, same color, same grain, in fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say they were stock headrests.

I took mine to a stereo buddy and he dug out some more of the styrofoam and mounted the screens a little more flush than they were.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these are as good as the visualogics but they work great, look great, fit great and cost 80% less. (and when you have kids, that's IMPORTANT)

And now I found something else out. The guy that sells these has FANTASTIC customer service.

During Thanksgiving, the dvd quit working. Since they were over a year old, I blew it off and figured I was going to replace the dvd player.

Since you posted the ebay ad, I sent a email to the guy asking if I could buy just the dvd player from him and he said no. He said send him the serial number and he'd send me a brand new one for free.

How's that for customer service. I was willing to pay for it and even though over a year old, he's covering it.

I thought that was cool.

Mark

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Phil beat Me to it but, I was going to recommend pricing from Trailduty, Bryan at HUMMERcustoms.com or the sponsor of this site H2Source on Vizualogic products. Especial the site sponsor.

TAZ

WHOSNEXT
01-13-2007, 04:27 PM
The headrest matches the seat exactly. Same leather, same color, same grain, in fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say they were stock headrests.

I took mine to a stereo buddy and he dug out some more of the styrofoam and mounted the screens a little more flush than they were.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these are as good as the visualogics but they work great, look great, fit great and cost 80% less. (and when you have kids, that's IMPORTANT)

And now I found something else out. The guy that sells these has FANTASTIC customer service.

During Thanksgiving, the dvd quit working. Since they were over a year old, I blew it off and figured I was going to replace the dvd player.

Since you posted the ebay ad, I sent a email to the guy asking if I could buy just the dvd player from him and he said no. He said send him the serial number and he'd send me a brand new one for free.

How's that for customer service. I was willing to pay for it and even though over a year old, he's covering it.

I thought that was cool.

Mark

That is cool.....Thanks again mark, one last question, where the wires in the poles? Or on the bottom of the headrest? If bottom of headrest how did you get wires into seat? Cut leather? Thanks again bob

kodiakz
01-13-2007, 08:27 PM
We just became authorized Rosen dealers last week, and I must admit that their screens look much better than the Viz do--and I am a staunch Viz supporter and dealer!! Their built in fm transmitter works better as well. If you have little kids, the built in video games with wireless controllers is a definite bonus. Headrest quality/leather seems to be same from both vendors. Definitley worth a look:D