PDA

View Full Version : header install time?

rocketw19
01-12-2007, 11:52 PM
i just got the preadator coated headers and was wondering how long my stealership should charge 1 guy said 3 hours and another said 6 but these were just guesses they havnt gave me a set time yet. i wanna have a educated guess before i get raped to bad. thanks for your time.

kodiakz
01-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Mine took about 5 hours, and they actually had to do a little welding on them to get them to fit perfectly.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-13-2007, 11:26 PM
When my Dynatech stainless headers were put on. Had a guy on each side with tires removed. They then removed the inner fender liner which exposed the headers completetly. Removed spark plugs so not to break. Belly shield removed and the 2 of them were done which included adding a catback system also while at it. They put in a cooler T-stat and they were done in about 2 hours. Dealer will not come close to doing it in this amount of time so I would double the time for them to do it at least.

Oh, the guy on drivers side finished quite sooner than passenger side guy which for some reason I think had less room. This time included starting rig up with wheels off to make sure of no exhaust leaks.

TAZ

HUM GOOD
01-14-2007, 05:11 AM
I have borla headers...Install by me. wheels on, no jacks, in my one car garage in 4 hours. They were shorties, prolly reason y I didnt have to drop the tires or fender inserts out.

rocketw19
01-15-2007, 01:52 AM
thanks guys they charged 3 hours 360 bucks but said if i ever have a problem they will fix it. i finnaly broke the tires loose and i have 37in toyo M/Ts. well not broke loose but i felt it slip. hehe. i have magna charger preadetor headers and corsa cat back. stock magna tune for now i think im gonna get a nelson tune but keep my pully stock what do you guys think? thanks again.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Allen's tune will be a big improvement over the kit tune. But, if You are going to pay for a tune i would pay $99 more to Allen and get a size or 2 smaller pulley and make the cost of a new tune really worth it. Allen will have You fill out a questionaire sheet and You can talk to him about how You want ride to react to day to day use which he can tame it down some. If the H2 is for more weekend driving and You want some real power to work with then tune can be more agressive.

That is why i like using HPtuners tuning software on laptop so I can make up as many tunes as i want and store them. If I'm headed on a long trip I can flash a less powerful tune for an economy tune. I can have several HP tunes and can flash anyone i want like if I have traction available and someone needs a pull out I can right on the spot flash more HP and Torque. It takes more time to set up all the tunes and not most guys gig, so Allen Nelson is then the way to go no doubt about it.
I just like the flexibility and can even put the factory tune in any time i need also. But, I would go with another pulley if paying for a tune and really enjoy the tune as pulley will be the least of the cost. You can check into buying an extra PCM to have tune on it for kit pulley and the other for smaller pulley. You can chnage pulley without taking belt off with a little practice then unbolt the box and bolt in the other and go.

Main thing though is do what makes You happy and feel comfortable with.

TAZ