PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram for Stock 6 Disc XM Head Unit?

culrich
01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello All. I picked up a Raytel TellPhone 4200 (bluetooth adapter through the radio) and, wtih the help of many threads here, finally figured out how to get the center dash out... sheeshh... :)

Anywho, the guy I ordered from indicated the instructions for the "splices" into the existing radio would be packaged in there... of course they're not. :lame:

Like a true enthusiast, I could not wait to get the dash off... :clapping:

Guess I should have waited until monday for the wiring instructions.

I've found a couple of threads that referred to wiring instruction threads, but they all lead to dead links with a bad "m" value (whatever that means).

I need to splice (using a clip to "jumper" to the existing wire without cutting the existing wire) three lines:

My Green to the "line in ground (Telephone)"

My purple to the "line in positive pin"

My yellow to the "mute" pin

Shocking how many pins are on the back of the stock head unit, and I certainly do not want to guess...

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that they could post or a link to one?
If you just know and can indicate - and specify which cluser of wires on the head unit (there's two I believe) I would be very greatful!

Oh yes... 2007 H2 stock unit - 6 Disc with XM, no Nav (using NUVI 350 from the 2004 H2 I just traded in)

And for a great laugh... you should have seen my wife's face, looking at the new car, opening the door and the dashboard in the back seat.:D

THANKS !!!

culrich
01-15-2007, 01:02 AM
I consulted with the guys over at BestBuy (great guys, BTW) who didn't have time to do it (I'd pay the $50) but did print out the info they had for me. A couple of issues:

1 - they indicate to wire it to the left front speaker rather than splice to an input/output from the onstar phone. Thoughts?

2 - They said do NOT hook into the mute line coming from OnStar. You need to set a relay, etc., and it can trip the anti-theft, locking up the head unit. Instead, just turn the volume down the old fashioned way - with the knob.

3 - Instead of wiring to the ignition, wire to the positive on the cig lighter that only runs in accessory mode.

Any thoughts on this or on other wiring advice / diagrams, etc.?

Thanks

kodiakz
01-16-2007, 04:41 AM
I would recommend not splicing into any of the speakers and just place a speaker under the dash as you would with any handsfree kit install. there is an adaptor floating around (can't recall the vendor) that will mute the radio, or you could just cut the turn on lead to the amp and wire that through a relay.