PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Bullcrap - H2 vs. Range Rover vs. Escalade

BlueHUMMERH2
01-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Jeremy Clarkson puts these vehicles through an off-road race.... er um, blatant disreguard for any off-roading rules and responsibilities, and makes a completely mockery of both American vehicles in an attempt to make the Range Rover look unstoppable... Utter crap. People probably accept this video as "fact" too. :rant:

http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/01/16/top-gear-range-rover-h2-escalade-off-road-race/

bparker
01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I cant stand that biased mother loving cawk rag eating doosh sniffing fawktard. He needs to get real or keep his cawkholster shut.

DDWH
01-17-2007, 02:13 AM
I cant stand that biased mother loving cawk rag eating doosh sniffing fawktard. He needs to get real or keep his cawkholster shut.

:iagree: well said! but..............you forgot salad tosser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DDWH
01-17-2007, 02:25 AM
I forgot.....what a total elton john anal lover......every Land Rover owner I know bitches about how the pile of crap spends more time in the shop than on the road....same theme I heard from the jag owners......4.2 liter jag motor ala ford:lame: .....:jump: :jump: :jump:

bparker
01-17-2007, 03:08 AM
Ford = Found On the Road Dead as my grand father always used to say....

I cant say on this forum what he used to say PONTIAC stood for..

dеiтайожни
01-17-2007, 03:12 AM
I cant say on this forum what he used to say PONTIAC stood for..

Why the **** not??

bparker
01-17-2007, 03:16 AM
I guess i can suplement one of the words...

PONTIAC = Poor Ole Noob Thought It's A Cadillac

:clapping:

dеiтайожни
01-17-2007, 03:22 AM
Your grandfather knew the word "noob" ?! Damn, that word really has withstood the test of time and is still going strong.

NJ H2
01-17-2007, 03:39 AM

Don't worry bparker, he uses credit cards and the USA is tracking him as we speak! :jump:

bparker
01-17-2007, 03:58 AM
Well I am glad I dont have the power to access his credit history as I would trash it with bankruptcy after bankruptcy... :D

Don't worry bparker, he uses credit cards and the USA is tracking him as we speak! :jump:

Boar-Ral
01-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I would not worry about this too much. The moment I saw the Cadillac Escalade in the mix, the entire episode lost most of its merit.

I agree with the others about the amount of time that the average Land Rover spends in the shop -- and that is bearing in mind that the average Land Rover almost never sees offroad use. If you can afford the repair bills, go for it.

I still enjoy watching Top Gear and knew from the beginning that the entire show was taking a pro-European/pro-Asian/anti-American stance, but their attitude is still upsetting. What really made it obvious to me was when I watched this episode. If you've seen any of their reviews of Cadillacs, or really any North American vehicle, they complain about how they are noisy. Not the engine, but the sounds. Beeps for this, beeps for that, and then there is the Land Rover beeping more than three quarters of the episode when they're wheeling it. I think that pissed me off more than anything else about the episode.

I just find it amusing that the H2 crapped out, not because it crapped out -- I own an H2 and wished it won -- but because it is the only time that the tides will turn and that for every time the H2 craps out, the Land Rover, on average, will do it more.

BlueTJCO
01-30-2007, 05:44 PM
well...... it out wheels the H3 so I dont know why it wouldn't smoke it in an off-road race either....:clapping:

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24176

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Boar-Ral
01-30-2007, 06:09 PM
well...... it out wheels the H3 so I dont know why it wouldn't smoke it in an off-road race either....:clapping:

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24176

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
Hah!

The Edmonton Chapter of the Canadian Hummer Club spent a weekend at The Alberta Safari Company last fall. The owner indicated to us that the park was in the worst condition he had seen it in months due to two weeks of rain, yet we churned through it with minimal effort. He told us that one of the local Land Rover clubs had been there the previous month, before the rain, and only about two-thirds made it out without repairs.

EDIT: Not saying I am perfect. I almost lost a passenger side door mirror due to a tree.

BlueTJCO
01-30-2007, 06:14 PM
I never said Land Rover drivers were capable wheelers....:beerchug:

{Insert wink here}

K9sH3
01-30-2007, 06:33 PM

Has "RYD" been teaching you those words? :giggling:

K9sH3
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
I watched it, and that guy anoyes the sh!t out of me.

Boar-Ral
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I never said Land Rover drivers were capable wheelers....:beerchug:

{Insert wink here}
My comments were aimed more at the general thread discussion, but your post reminded me. :)

Boar-Ral
01-30-2007, 06:58 PM
that guy anoyes the sh!t out of me.
So that's where they get their material. ;)