PDA

View Full Version : Beached marine life

K9sH3
01-18-2007, 04:07 AM
I know most of you live away from our coastlines, but here on the East Coast we are having a very high number of Dolphins, and now a Whale has washed up on the FL Coast line of the Atlantic. This has even happend further north as of late.

Answer = Sonar
Answer = Polution

3Hummer
01-18-2007, 04:13 AM
K9sH3, I'm down in FL as well and havent seen any marine life up on the shore aside from Man-O-War and Jellyfish. By what beach are you seeing these like in Northern, Central, or South Florida? Non the less it is horrible to see such nice creatures wash up on shore dead.

dеiтайожни
01-18-2007, 04:15 AM
I saw a washed up sea turtle, dead, the other day.

K9sH3
01-18-2007, 04:35 AM
I live in Cocoa Beach and we had a one at the Peir and just tonight a Whale has washed up in Daytona. And Yeah I hate those damn Man-O-Wars.

3Hummer
01-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Ya i know i hate those Man-O-War, I was stung by one once and hate them ever since it was ecrutiating pain for over 3 hours. I will never go in the water now even if there is just a possiblty of Man-O-War. However Jellyfish arent nearly as bad those only hurt for like a minute.

dеiтайожни
01-18-2007, 04:50 AM
Man-O-War?! Are those the purple jellyfish things? I was wondering if those purple things and the clear jellyfish can still sting after they are washed up since my dog nearly steps on them every time I take him out for a walk. Anyone wanna find out? :confused:

DennisAJC
01-18-2007, 05:15 AM
I witnessed DRTYFN pushing Jeepchick back out to sea. Over and over.

K9sH3
01-18-2007, 05:18 AM
YES!!!!!

Do not let your dog near one. Even when they are on the beach they can still sting the SH!T out of ya. The ones that look like a blue bulb are the ones to really stay away from. As for a regular jelly fish, the sting is much less but is very fun to throw at ppl.
HAHAHAHA! (children don't do this at home)

DennisAJC
01-18-2007, 05:38 AM
YES!!!!!

Even when they are on the beach they can still sting the SH!T out of ya.

I brushed against one when we were diving off the cliffs at Deep Cove here. I remember the first time I saw it floating gracefully in the water below. I thought how cool if I could land on it when I dove in feet first.

At first it feels....Goooey and mushy:D . really silly willy like:D ....:giggling:

.....Then I screamed like a little freakin girl and kept yelling for my mommy because of the pain. Pretty embarassing for a 20 year old.

3Hummer
01-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Defintly do NOT let your dog near it, what it is is that it has like a poison on the tenticles so if you step on it it like squeezes the poision out of it so WATCH OUT when in doubt dont mess around with those things really dont, and pay special attention to the blue/ purple ones.

K9sH3
01-18-2007, 05:43 AM
At first it feels....Goooey and mushy:D . really silly willy like:D ....:giggling:

.....Then I screamed like a little freakin girl and kept yelling for my mommy because of the pain. Pretty embarassing for a 20 year old.

:giggling: Yes I am sure it was embarassing, but understandable.

KenP
01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I know most of you live away from our coastlines, but here on the East Coast we are having a very high number of Dolphins, and now a Whale has washed up on the FL Coast line of the Atlantic. This has even happend further north as of late.

Answer = Sonar
Answer = PolutionI really don't believe the sonar is the problem. Oh sure we've read about it, but personally, we haven't seen anything like what you're talking about. And just so you know, the NAVY has to pass by us on their way to the world's largest Naval base, Norfolk.

ree
01-18-2007, 04:40 PM
K9sH3,
Are you sure it's not just a case of the media looking for a story. I mean, the summer before 9/11/2001, the two big stories were Levy/Condit and all the shark attacks. But supposedly, the number of shark attacks were within normal limits; the media just had nothing better to do than convince the public that we're all a horrible species that's ruining the world.

K9sH3
01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah Ken, I used to watch all those ships come in and out of port. But I wasn't saying that is was the new sonar pings or even Polution. I was trying to guess the answer that the Media will jump on.
But it appears now, that the cub was the first found by my house and the mother was found 50 miles north a few days later. NO matter the reason behind it, it is sad to see these huge whales die. We can sit on the beach and watch them play as they pass by. There have been times while on the surfboard they would come right past you. I will admit a very humble feeling knowing how small we are and how gracefull they are.
As you know, sometimes the beach can take away the stress just by sitting there.

KenP
01-18-2007, 06:43 PM
As you know, sometimes the beach can take away the stress just by sitting there.You don't have kids, do you?:crying:

Me = :OWNED:

DennisAJC
01-18-2007, 06:49 PM
You don't have kids, do you?:crying:

You and me :OWNED: by a boy named Kyle.:jump:

K9sH3
01-18-2007, 11:02 PM
You don't have kids, do you?:crying:

Not at home anymore, all grown up and gone :jump:

Except they keep coming back for something... $$$$$$