PDA

View Full Version : Gobi Rear Door Gas Spring

vip808
01-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know if these things were made to fit all H2s? Are all H2 rear door mounts the same regardless of what year they are made?
I just tried to install one on my 2005 but it kept popping off. When I compared it to the OEM strut the upper mount hole was slightly larger than the original strut. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

NJ H2
01-19-2007, 09:54 PM
It fit perfectly on my 2004. I'm not sure about the 2005 :confused:

timgco
01-19-2007, 11:05 PM
THey are all the same. You may have a bad cap or clip on the end. There is a clip on the GOBI strut at each end. Make sure it's locking it on there. Alos make sure you are putting the strut on properly. You need to push hard to get it to snap into place. Oh yeah, make sure the door doesn't smack in you the top of your head. :crying:

vip808
01-20-2007, 02:50 AM
timgco,
it did (to the best of my knowledge) snap into the ball socket and the clips seem to be locking.. but when i start lowering the gate i can see it turning off from the ball mount.. i'll try again tomorrow but i swear the Gobi one's a little larger... thanks for the help guys..

timgco
01-20-2007, 04:45 AM
timgco,
it did (to the best of my knowledge) snap into the ball socket and the clips seem to be locking.. but when i start lowering the gate i can see it turning off from the ball mount.. i'll try again tomorrow but i swear the Gobi one's a little larger... thanks for the help guys..

Let me know how it turns out. If you need new ends or new struts, let me know.

vip808
01-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Timgco,
Thanks i'm still waiting for an answer from somo's customers service..is it that easy to change the ends? there doesn't seem to be a problem with the bottom one but the top one (skinny end side) keeps coming out..