PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

deserth3
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM
So...Upgrade or not. And to which version. There are three. Basic, Buisiness and Ultimate...

dеiтайожни
01-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I used Vista Ultimate for a bit, I really liked it. All my computers are Vista ready, but a lot of my external hardware isn't. So it doesn't look like I'll be upgrading for a while, but I'd say go for it if you can.

3Hummer
01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I'd defintly say if your computer has the capibility for Vista defintly upgrade to which version thats for you to decide on which thing your gonna need it for. Also im going to Vista myself my laptop broke and needed a whole new motherboard about 2 months ago and ti was expensive to fix so i said forget and ive waited until Vista came out to get a new laptop.

f5fstop
01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Before updating, make sure all your equipment has drivers for Vista. I'll wait six months to a year, for driver updates and to let MS get most of the bugs out.

Sewie
01-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Before updating, make sure all your equipment has drivers for Vista. I'll wait six months to a year, for driver updates and to let MS get most of the bugs out.

:iagree: Personally, I'll wait until at least the first set of updates comes out.

deserth3
01-22-2007, 10:12 AM
:iagree: Personally, I'll wait until at least the first set of updates comes out.

I agree wait for the updates and if posible service pack 1.

I get the pleasure of being asked to upgade computers for people at my work. And then there are the ones who upgarade their own computers and I end up cleaning up the mess.
Even when I say no or that I don't know that version of windows I usualy get dragged in by other techs trying to figure out a problems.
I usualy end up upgrading my own computer so I can learn the software.