PDA

View Full Version : Install of a 06 OEM Rear Tire Carrier on a 04 H2

JMV1210
01-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Install of a 06 OEM Rear Tire Carrier on a 04 H2

I am buying a 06 rear tire carrier and I was told that the holes do not line up on my 2004. To those who have done this before, did you tap and drill new holes? How many, just one side? Do the old holes get covered up by the bracket?

Also, I assume you hade to get nuts for the backside of the bumper to thread the bolts in????

Overall how difficult/how long was it?

Thanks for the help.
Joe

NJ H2
01-23-2007, 04:11 AM
What ... you think you can come on here once every 6 months and ask millions of questions? That's not very cosmopolitan of you! :fdance: :jump: :fdance:

trashguy
01-23-2007, 04:54 AM
i had a 03 suv and now a 06 sut ,the only difference is the 3rd bolt on the passenger side.i just removed my spare tire carrier and put suv stock tow hooks on an they fit fine.you can probably get away with not putting the 3rd bolt in.but i would try to drill and tap it ,it must be there for some reason ,apparently extra support on the swing out side.

DDWH
01-23-2007, 05:13 AM
i had a 03 suv and now a 06 sut ,the only difference is the 3rd bolt on the passenger side.i just removed my spare tire carrier and put suv stock tow hooks on an they fit fine.you can probably get away with not putting the 3rd bolt in.but i would try to drill and tap it ,it must be there for some reason ,apparently extra support on the swing out side.

I think they changed the 2 little set screws to a full size 3rd bolt. Should be a simple install. Put on the bracket, tap for the third bolt, drill, tap, install. 5 -10mins tops!

-JeJeJe111-
04-22-2008, 02:24 AM
ya same here i tapped a hole in my rear bumper on my 04 h2 but the only problem 4 me is the light on the license plate bracket:confused: . im tryin 2 figure dat out but the hole tapping took me like 5 mins.