PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Switch Problem - causing battery draw

dochummer
01-25-2007, 02:13 AM
So I've been trying to figure out why my stupid battery keeps on dying on me. So i had a mechanic run some tests, and was about to give up, when I went to reset my sunroof (aftermarket)...upon doing that, he showed a 4 amp (i believe that's what it was) draw on the battery, with the key out...and it stayed for over a minute. He went back in the rig, and discovered that if you turned the key towards the acc. position (but still in off), it would flip on the dash lights - and you could still pull the key out. So I think that's what has been causing the problem. I was playing with it later, and I can actually just use my fingers to turn the ignition, without the key, and it would turn on the instrument display. I'm assuming this isn't normal... I'm guessing that every so often, when I turn the vehicle off, the instrument panel stays on all night...and tada! No power in the morning! Anybody know how to replace it? :) Or is it better left to the "professionals" at the local dealership?

ttkresurfacing
01-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Had the same identical problem with mine. There is something to do with how the swith is timed or set. They may be able to just adjust and not replace your switch. I had mine adjusted and then wound up replacing afterwards. I think it cost me around 150-200.

Tim

obzidian
01-31-2007, 11:40 PM
quick question, what years are ya'll rigs?

ttkresurfacing
02-01-2007, 12:46 AM

dochummer
02-01-2007, 12:57 AM