I have read reviews of the performance Kumhos

Looking for feedback on the MT's

Preferably Kumho Road Venture MT KL71
Here's a linky http://www.kumhotireusa.com/tiresubcategory.do?parentId=2&id=22

They have a new 22 x 36.8 x 13.5

MattRoberts123
01-25-2007, 09:42 PM
i have the Kumho Road Venture MT in the 37x14

I LOVE them.. put about 5000 miles on them, and still NO signs of wear.. they look brand new.. They are a little noisy on the highway.. but you don't even notice it if you are an 80s heavy metal fan rockin out to some Def Leppard! ;)

Mud, Sand, Ice, Snow... UNSTOPPABLE! When I was about to buy them, the guy said he swore they were the best mud terrain tire he has ever sold, and more comprable to an all terrain tire on the way they rode and handled. He was correct. My only complaint has been that mine are SO wide that they throw **** ALL over my truck in the winter time... so I actually took them off this week and put teh stock wheels and tires back on... and i can tell you this... the stock ride is total crap compared to how well it rode and handled with these tires!

Hope this helps!

westkycustoms.com and tirerack.com have good prices too...

mdoyle
01-25-2007, 11:39 PM
I just went through this decision myself and ended up buying Toyo Open Country M/T 's in the 35/12.5/17 size for the stock rims.

I couldn't be happier, the online specs talked about the computer designed tread blocks that cancel out road noise and I'm here to say it's true! They are at least as quite as the stock BFG TA/KO 's.

twenty2
01-26-2007, 12:41 AM
I just went through this decision myself and ended up buying Toyo Open Country M/T 's in the 35/12.5/17 size for the stock rims.

I couldn't be happier, the online specs talked about the computer designed tread blocks that cancel out road noise and I'm here to say it's true! They are at least as quite as the stock BFG TA/KO 's.

got any pics? And, what was your final price on them?

HUM GOOD
01-26-2007, 03:45 PM
i have the Kumho Road Venture MT in the 37x14

I LOVE them.. put about 5000 miles on them, and still NO signs of wear.. they look brand new.. They are a little noisy on the highway.. but you don't even notice it if you are an 80s heavy metal fan rockin out to some Def Leppard! ;)

Mud, Sand, Ice, Snow... UNSTOPPABLE! When I was about to buy them, the guy said he swore they were the best mud terrain tire he has ever sold, and more comprable to an all terrain tire on the way they rode and handled. He was correct. My only complaint has been that mine are SO wide that they throw **** ALL over my truck in the winter time... so I actually took them off this week and put teh stock wheels and tires back on... and i can tell you this... the stock ride is total crap compared to how well it rode and handled with these tires!

Hope this helps!

westkycustoms.com and tirerack.com have good prices too...

Thanks Mattt - thats pretty much what I was expecting. As long as I don't get any negative feedback....Kumhos it will be.

I'm getting a BFG MT and a Kumho MT delivered to compare.

mdoyle
01-26-2007, 08:32 PM
got any pics? And, what was your final price on them?

I'll try to snap some pics this weekend. The price mounted & balanced with road hazard was $285 each + tax. Normally they would have charged and extra $15 per wheel for the mount & balance but I traded in two used TA/KO's since this place sells a lot of used tires.

In comparision, the best price I found on BFG TA/KO's was at Sam's Club for $233 out the door with an optional road hazard for around $19 more but I figured and extra $50 was worth it to get what I really wanted.

The Toyo M/Ts look very aggressive but ride nice and quiet. Some of the post about other brands of M/T tires I read complained about road noise, specifically the Nitto Mud Grapplers.

hummer74
01-29-2007, 08:45 PM
wheres the pics doyle????:confused:

HUM GOOD
01-29-2007, 10:45 PM
wheres the pics doyle????:confused:

Yeah since you highjacked my thread.......

Let's see the pics doyle!

:jump:
j/K

mdoyle
01-29-2007, 11:01 PM
I finally washed the truck and snapped a few pics but couldn't get onto my ftp space yesterday. I'll try again tonight.

I knew I'd catch grief if I didn't get them posted this weekend :giggling:

hummer74
01-29-2007, 11:46 PM
someones got to keep you in check!!! GO DO NOW, PUT PICTURE IN THE INTRANETS!!!:jump:

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-30-2007, 03:00 AM
TOYO's ALL THE WAY!!!!

Have run Kumho's on some sporty type cars and a show Tiburon and those tires wore out way to quick. Girl with no lead foot so not burning them up. I have elctronic hiders I attache to see kids are not acc. or stopping to quickly.
But, I was really surprised at how quick they wore out. She drive allot of curving winding roads so that may have contributed to give them a break.

But, on big rigs TOYO.

TAZ

mdoyle
01-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Here are the promised pics!

http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/toyo1.jpg

http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/toyo2.jpg

And here's the reason I've been busy:
http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/pwd07.1.jpg

That's my youngest Son's car way out in front ;)

hummer74
01-30-2007, 03:40 PM
wow, they look great! they look wider than i thought they would.(which is a good thing.:))

mdoyle
01-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I would have rather posted pics of my rig all cleaned up but it's about 14 degrees and the roads are hella dirty. Just getting from the car wash to home dirtied up things quite a bit, but still miles better than it was before washing.

hummer74
01-30-2007, 10:00 PM
yeah, post up some more pics when its cleaned up! ill do the same when i get my toyos on.

Boss Hoss
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Any updates on these tires? I may run these my next go around....how badlly do the 37x13.50s rub?

MattRoberts123
08-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Ive got the 37x14s... no rubbing at all except for full lock reverse.. and very minimal at that point..

An awesome tire... holds up great, shows no sign of wear, not too loud, un stoppable..

My only complaint is they dont make one for 26 or 28 inch wheels!! :):violin:

datapimp69
08-23-2007, 11:03 PM
what size rim's are you running

the site listed above says all sizes except 16" are "C" load rating. a little light for an H2.

the 16" were in a "D" and "E"

what did you get?

lennyrebel
08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
I have read reviews of the performance Kumhos

Looking for feedback on the MT's

Preferably Kumho Road Venture MT KL71
Here's a linky http://www.kumhotireusa.com/tiresubcategory.do?parentId=2&id=22

They have a new 22 x 36.8 x 13.5
Don't be using those foreign tire on your North American truck or Dennis will be down to kick your ASx:beerchug: