PDA

View Full Version : OMFG! I'm giving up coffee.

h2co-pilot
01-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Well, caffeine in general. I rarely drink soda so it's mainly just coffee for me. It will be hard because those that know me know I am a coffee fahreak!:eek:

Anyone done this before?

I have read that I should cut down slowly- I am admittedly addicted and have heard very bad things can happen so I am going about it gradually. Either switching a few cups to decaf or tea and then herbal tea until 100% caffeine free or cold turkey and hating it for a few days.

I could also switch to grain coffee but I heard that most of them are nasty. Teeccino is supposed to be okay. Anyone try it?

Here on their website is some caffeine effects:

http://www.teeccino.com/motivation.aspx

Other ill effects:
http://www.diagnose-me.com/treat/T136795.html

Anyway, I have always thought it an okay boost, antioxidant and appetite curber but apparently it just isn't worth it. I really get tired if I don't have any- plus the headaches and trouble sleeping soundly. Plus I had no idea how it effects your mood or body.

I am also switching out the sugar to Splenda so that will be fun.:rolleyes:

Any advice or knowledge on the subject? Anyone wanna do it with me?:nudge nudge::D

timgco
01-26-2007, 03:47 AM
:fdance: Well, caffeine in general. I rarely drink soda so it's mainly just coffee for me. It will be hard because those that know me know I am a coffee fahreak

Yep, ken's told us about you being a faaaahreak!:jump: :perfect10s:

Any advice or knowledge on the subject? Anyone wanna do it with me?:nudge nudge::D

You may want to check with the MTA Group that has meeting after Alan's sewing club meeting on Tuesdays.
:fdance:

dochummer
01-26-2007, 03:52 AM
I'll quit! :jump:

3Hummer
01-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Just a suggestion if your quitting it becuase of the caffeine why not drink caffeine free?

K9sH3
01-26-2007, 04:13 AM
I have tried to quit, but all I got was severe withdrawals and headaches.

So I went with RedBull, as those of you who know me know I am a redbullaholic. Thats the one logo I have on the rear of my 3. But now I have a redbull and coffee for breakfast. Maybe two.

No, I did not go to the links you had... I AM AFRAID OF WHAT I MIGHT LEARN.

:shhh:

h2co-pilot
01-26-2007, 04:37 AM
Tim ya turd!:D:D

Go K9 GO! See the links- be the links.....:D

Maybe that's why you can't sleep.

Just a suggestion if your quitting it becuase of the caffeine why not drink caffeine free?

Uhm hello?, there's no point.;):D

I actually thought of it and then just summed it up to be bean water with fattening cream and sugar.:D Like O'Douls or something.:ghey:

Plus it stains your teeth. I have gone through many Whitestrips and mouth pieces- this would mean a decrease in that also. Woo hoo!:D

So... Docs with me.:D Who else?

dеiтайожни
01-26-2007, 04:41 AM
The best way to give up coffee would be to trade it for another stimulant, like cocaine. The good thing about this method is... coffee will taste more like **** than usual and not only will you not need it anymore, but you will have no desire to drink it ever again. It will work immediately as well. Good luck, I'm there for you!

3Hummer
01-26-2007, 04:48 AM
What are you kidding me! caffeine free tastes exactly the same! But another suggestion would be Caffeine free tea first off tea is way better than coffee and most of the time tastes fine without cream, milk, or sugar!

DRTYFN
01-26-2007, 04:54 AM
I heard if you quit drinking coffee/soda you get really bad Muffin Top.:fdance: :jump: :jump:

h2co-pilot
01-26-2007, 04:57 AM
What are you kidding me! caffeine free tastes exactly the same! But another suggestion would be Caffeine free tea first off tea is way better than coffee and most of the time tastes fine without cream, milk, or sugar!

HAHA! Yeah I know. I was saying that I don't drink it for flavor or anything- just for the caffeine. :D I dump so much in there not to taste it anyway.

Like I said, I will probably go with the caffeine free stuff in alternation while quitting- but not for long term pleasure. I do like tea and without much stuff in it as well so I will continue with that on occasion.

h2co-pilot
01-26-2007, 04:59 AM
I heard if you quit drinking coffee/soda you get really bad Muffin Top.:fdance: :jump: :jump:

YOU! You are a bad boy!:rant:

:giggling:

K9sH3
01-26-2007, 05:32 AM
Go K9 GO! See the links- be the links.....:D

Maybe that's why you can't sleep.

And why did I listen to you... damn it Woman! :giggling:
I hate that site, it list all the shiat I already knew. But didn't want to see.
I guess I have to go to D's house now...:jump:

"dеiтайожни ---The best way to give up coffee would be to trade it for another stimulant, like cocaine."

Except I am sure that Cirlce K won't fill my cup for .89 :p

DRTYFN
01-26-2007, 05:43 AM
YOU! You are a bad boy!:rant:

:giggling:

You're going to balloon right back up.:jump:

K9sH3
01-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Oh Geezzzeee. Great I was about to go to bed cause I am tired.... Now I will have nightmares...:eek:

dochummer
01-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Eeewww! That could definately not be classified as a camel toe! :D

Alan06SUT
01-26-2007, 06:00 AM
I am cutting back on the caffene as well. I used to drink coffee in the AM and about 5 sweet tea's every day. I went to unsweet tea and one sugar in my coffee, I'm fine with that now. Now I'll try to switch to decaf coffee in the Am and one sweet tea and refills of water ( not 4 tea refills at lunch and dinner!). Basically I'm cutting back on the sugar,then the caffene.

Ultimatley, I think one caffene bev. per day is fine, and cutting it totally out will lead to a relapse. Moderation is my motto.

So, don't feel like you are alone! I'll think of you when I'm ordering my charbucks and you'll keep me in-line to order the decaf.
Good luck:beerchug: .

Steve - SanJose
01-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Gradually leading to moderation is the key.

CO Hummer
01-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Switch to tea, especially green or oolongs. They still have some caffeine, but it's significantly less that coffee and the health benefits of tea are enormous. But switch to GOOD tea - loose teas, not that tea bag crap. Go to Adagio.com and order some of the their green and oolong samplers.

Tim drinks a ton of coffee and it has stunted his growth. That should be incentive enough to make the switch.

Another thing you can do to thwarth the double-mocha-chinco-latte-expresso cravings is to eat muffins, especially the tops which are the most tasty part.

MarineHawk
01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Coffee: The New Health Food?

Plenty of health benefits are brewing in America's beloved beverage. By Sid Kirchheimer (http://www.webmd.com/content/Biography/7/65292.htm)

Want a drug that could lower your risk of diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and colon cancer? That could lift your mood and treat headaches? That could lower your risk of cavities?

If it sounds too good to be true, think again.

Coffee, the much maligned but undoubtedly beloved beverage, just made headlines for possibly cutting the risk of the latest disease epidemic, type 2 diabetes. And the real news seems to be that the more you drink, the better.

Reducing Disease Risk

After analyzing data on 126,000 people for as long as 18 years, Harvard researchers calculate that compared with not partaking in America's favorite morning drink, downing one to three cups of caffeinated coffee daily can reduce diabetes risk by single digits. But having six cups or more each day slashed men's risk by 54% and women's by 30% over java avoiders.

Though the scientists give the customary "more research is needed" before they recommend you do overtime at Starbuck's to specifically prevent diabetes, their findings are very similar to those in a less-publicized Dutch study. And perhaps more importantly, it's the latest of hundreds of studies suggesting that coffee may be something of a health food -- especially in higher amounts.

In recent decades, some 19,000 studies have been done examining coffee's impact on health. And for the most part, their results are as pleasing as a gulp of freshly brewed Breakfast Blend for the 108 million Americans who routinely enjoy this traditionally morning -- and increasingly daylong -- ritual. In practical terms, regular coffee drinkers include the majority of U.S. adults and a growing number of children.

"Overall, the research shows that coffee is far more healthful than it is harmful," says Tomas DePaulis, PhD, research scientist at Vanderbilt University's Institute for Coffee Studies, which conducts its own medical research and tracks coffee studies from around the world. "For most people, very little bad comes from drinking it, but a lot of good."

Consider this: At least six studies indicate that people who drink coffee on a regular basis are up to 80% less likely to develop Parkinson's, with three showing the more they drink, the lower the risk. Other research shows that compared to not drinking coffee, at least two cups daily can translate to a 25% reduced risk of colon cancer, an 80% drop in liver cirrhosis risk, and nearly half the risk of gallstones.

Coffee even offsets some of the damage caused by other vices, some research indicates. "People who smoke and are heavy drinkers have less heart disease and liver damage when they regularly consume large amounts of coffee compared to those who don't," says DePaulis.

There's also some evidence that coffee may help manage asthma and even control attacks when medication is unavailable, stop a headache, boost mood, and even prevent cavities.

Is it the caffeine? The oodles of antioxidants in coffee beans, some of which become especially potent during the roasting process? Even other mysterious properties that warrant this intensive study?

Actually, yes.

Some of coffee's reported benefits are a direct result of its higher caffeine content: An eight ounce cup of drip-brewed coffee contains about 85 mg -- about three and a half times more than the same serving of tea or cola or one ounce of chocolate.

"The evidence is very strong that regular coffee consumption reduces risk of Parkinson's disease and for that, it's directly related to caffeine," DePaulis tells WebMD. "In fact, Parkinson's drugs are now being developed that contain a derivative of caffeine based on this evidence."

Caffeine is also what helps in treating asthma and headaches. Though not widely publicized, a single dose of pain reliever such as Anacin or Excedrin contains up to 120 milligrams -- what's in a hefty mug o' Joe.

Boost to Athleticism

It's also caffeine -- and not coffee, per se -- that makes java a powerful aid in enhancing athletic endurance and performance, says physiologist and longtime coffee researcher Terry Graham, PhD, of the University of Guelph in Canada. So powerful, in fact, that until recently, caffeine in coffee or other forms was deemed a "controlled" substance by the Olympic Games Committee, meaning that it could be consumed only in small, designated amounts by competing athletes.

"What caffeine likely does is stimulate the brain and nervous system to do things differently," he tells WebMD. "That may include signaling you to ignore fatigue or recruit extra units of muscle for intense athletic performance. Caffeine may even have a direct effect on muscles themselves, causing them to produce a stronger contraction. But what's amazing about it is that unlike some performance-enhancing manipulation some athletes do that are specific for strength or sprinting or endurance, studies show that caffeine positively enhances all of these things."

In other words, consume enough caffeine -- whether it's from coffee or another source -- and you will likely run faster, last longer and be stronger. What's enough? As little as one cup can offer some benefit, but the real impact comes from at least two mugs, says Graham. By comparison, it'd take at least eight glasses of cola to get the same effect, which isn't exactly conducive for running a marathon. But the harder you exercise, the more benefit you may get from coffee. "Unfortunately, where you see the enhancing effects from caffeine is in hard-working athletes, who are able to work longer and somewhat harder," says Graham, who has studied the effects of caffeine and coffee for nearly two decades. "If you a recreational athlete who is working out to reduce weight or just feel better, you're not pushing yourself hard enough to get an athletic benefit from coffee or other caffeinated products."

But you can get other benefits from coffee that have nothing to do with caffeine. "Coffee is loaded with antioxidants, including a group of compounds called quinines that when administered to lab rats, increases their insulin sensitivity" he tells WebMD. This increased sensitivity improves the body's response to insulin.

That may explain why in that new Harvard study, those drinking decaf coffee but not tea beverages also showed a reduced diabetes risk, though it was half as much as those drinking caffeinated coffee.

"We don't know exactly why coffee is beneficial for diabetes," lead researcher Frank Hu, MD, tells WebMD. "It is possible that both caffeine and other compounds play important roles. Coffee has large amounts of antioxidants such as chlorogenic acid and tocopherols, and minerals such as magnesium. All these components have been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism."

Meanwhile, Italian researchers credit another compound called trigonelline, which gives coffee its aroma and bitter taste, for having both antibacterial and anti-adhesive properties to help prevent dental cavities from forming. There are other theories for other conditions.

http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/80/96454.htm?pagenumber=1

f5fstop
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
There are studies that show caffeine is bad, there are studies that show caffeine is good, which do you believe? I know I certainly would not believe a study from a website attempting to sell me caffeine free products.

I have consumed coffee since I was 18, I am considerably older than that. I have no high blood pressure, cholesterol is 10 points higher on the bad, but 15 on the good, and working on that. I drink approx. 2 pots of coffee on a normal workday. My fellow workers would not like me to quit.

So, if coffee is not having any adverse affects on you, why quit?

h2co-pilot
01-26-2007, 02:21 PM
There are studies that show caffeine is bad, there are studies that show caffeine is good, which do you believe? I know I certainly would not believe a study from a website attempting to sell me caffeine free products.

I have consumed coffee since I was 18, I am considerably older than that. I have no high blood pressure, cholesterol is 10 points higher on the bad, but 15 on the good, and working on that. I drink approx. 2 pots of coffee on a normal workday. My fellow workers would not like me to quit.

So, if coffee is not having any adverse affects on you, why quit?

Well, I think it is having some adverse affects on me. That's how I found it. But I drink 7-9 big cups a day- all day- until I go to bed. So it is understandable- anything like that will be negative. But I kept reading those good studies and it made me feel better. Nobody loves coffee more than me.

I can get antioxidants from better sources and curb colon cancer and help digestion with increasing my fiber. (Which I have met my daily requirements for a month or more and feel great.)

It really helps me clean the house, workout and get through the day. It curbs my appetite and ups my metabolism. But I am confident my body will adjust.

One cup a day or maybe even two- in the morning (before I workout- for the metabolism) should be fine. But I am going to try to do without it for awhile.

Mrs.ssippi
01-26-2007, 02:49 PM
The best way to give up coffee would be to trade it for another stimulant, like cocaine. The good thing about this method is... coffee will taste more like **** than usual and not only will you not need it anymore, but you will have no desire to drink it ever again. It will work immediately as well. Good luck, I'm there for you!Party at DEI's house tonight !!!!!!!!:jump:

partsguy
01-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Quitters never win.:twak:

KenP
01-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Quit! DO NOW!!!:D

K9sH3
01-26-2007, 05:32 PM
I drink approx. 2 pots of coffee on a normal workday.

Damn!!!! I don't even know you cept for on here, and I don't want you to stop. Your body would go in shock and then who would we get our info from?

:beerchug:

KenP
01-26-2007, 06:34 PM
You all don't know the size of the cups she uses. I swear they're 24oz models and she would drink 8-9 a DAY!

She just left the house with a bottle of water. We'll see how this pans out. :fingerscrossed:

BKLYNH2
01-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I drink it almost black and no sugar. Stop drinking sugar and you will be helping yourself out alot.
I drink about 3 or four mugs a day so I guess I'm not that bad, but if you ever made me cut them out, I'd probably kill you. Not a quick and painless death either mind you, it would be slow and horrible.

MarineHawk
01-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I drink it almost black and no sugar. Stop drinking sugar and you will be helping yourself out alot.
I drink about 3 or four mugs a day so I guess I'm not that bad, but if you ever made me cut them out, I'd probably kill you. Not a quick and painless death either mind you, it would be slow and horrible.

LOL.

I hope these become commercially available soon: http://www.dbusinessnews.com/shownews.php?newsid=104797&type_news=past

Sewie
01-26-2007, 09:31 PM
I drank two cups just reading this thread. :giggling:

But that's usually my limit as far as coffee goes. I rarely drink it in the afternoon/evening. And I'm trying to cut back on other caffeine throughout the day, like drinking water instead of soda.

Sewie
01-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Here's an idea CP. :jump:

http://whyfiles.org/177bottle_water/images/propel.jpg

Steve - SanJose
01-26-2007, 09:39 PM
My minimum daily requirement is 1.5 cups of high-test Starbucks coffee/day, and no more than 3 cups. Works for me, I'm healthy.

Sewie
01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
My minimum daily requirement is 1.5 cups of high-test Starbucks coffee/day, and no more than 3 cups. Works for me, I'm healthy.

Well, at least physically. ;)

h2co-pilot
01-26-2007, 10:24 PM

:jump::clapping: :jump:

h2co-pilot
01-26-2007, 10:39 PM
So, I had a small cup of coffee with splenda and half and half this morning.

Drank lots of water- kept busy.

I look around and everyone is home today and it's cold outside. I notice that they are just lollygaggin around making a mess. I am doing all the work. I get a little pissy and make a caffinated cup of Blackcurrant Black tea. (It's in the plan for my weaning.)

I nestle down in the couch to sip my treat. Pea Pie and little Mama are running aound- Ken on the computer. Little Bear on the television. Laundry is waiting to be folded, prolly have to fluff it again. The kitchen a mess because I just picked meat off of a chicken carcass for brunwick stew. But no matter, I will sit here amoungst the uncaring and messy for my treat.

Then Little Mama chases Pea Pie up in my lap and she bonks my cup and my hot treat spills on my new leather couch and my pants.

I hop up and let out an annoyed scream. Then running to get paper towels I proclaim:

"Gawd, it's not like I am doing something I want to do. I just want to sit down!" "Freaking Little Bear is on...I just wanted to sit...GAWD! I never get any alone time, not when I wake up, not before I go to sleep. NEVER!" Stomping out the room I grumble, "I cook for them and clean for them and do their laundry. I can't believe I sponsor this shet!!!!!"

I think it's going well.:D

partsguy
01-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Sounds like you need a new JACKET,A very straight one.:p

Big Gay Al
01-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Sounds like you need a cup of coffee MT! Jeez!

CO Hummer
01-27-2007, 02:07 AM
"Gawd, it's not like I am doing something I want to do. I just want to sit down!" "Freaking Little Bear is on...I just wanted to sit...GAWD! I never get any alone time, not when I wake up, not before I go to sleep. NEVER!" Stomping out the room I grumble, "I cook for them and clean for them and do their laundry. I can't believe I sponsor this shet!!!!!"

Calm down, Li'l Muff. First day's always the worst!

Mrs.ssippi
01-27-2007, 03:39 AM
I don't drink coffee, but I do drink the sh!t out of Diet Dr. Pepper. I got it bad. So bad that I carry a 12 pack in the back of my truck and the back of Paragons at all times. If we go out of town, I always have a 12 pack so that when we get to where we are going I don't have to worry about going to the store til the next day. I really need to slow down, is there a 12 step program for Dr. Pepper? I am about to slow down maybe just have 2 a day because I'm going to get my teeth Zoomed (bleached) in a few weeks, and I am pretty obsessed with white teeth. And due to all the dark cola I drink they are starting to not be as light as I like. It sure sucks to come down off of Dr. Pepper!!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

K9sH3
01-27-2007, 03:50 AM
I hop up and let out an annoyed scream. Then running to get paper towels I proclaim:

"I can't believe I sponsor this shet!!!!!"

Don't worry be Happy....:giggling:

:grouphug:

DRTYFN
01-27-2007, 04:34 AM
But I drink 7-9 big cups a day- all day- until I go to bed.
Addictive personality???:OWNED:

h2co-pilot
01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Addictive personality???:OWNED:

Ya Think?:fdance: I swear if I grew up in a different place or circumstance I would have been a crack whore.:OWNED:

Last night I went to bed with the worst headache. I fell asleep in a fetal postition under blankets rubbing and pressing my head (I know I am going to get a pimple.:rant: ) It was awful.

But I fell asleep 2 hours before I normally do and woke up at 5:00AM feeling great! (Washed my face and rubbed alcohol on my forehead.) Like I used too. In a great mood. My eyes aren't puffy either.

I had a cup of coffee and did some stationary toning excercises and I could feel it burn more. I did more reps becauseI had more energy. Love it.

CO Hummer
01-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm about to go make a big cup of Cafe Du Monde coffee. You know the that stuff - real rich french coffee, with chickory in it. I'm going to load it up with sweetened condensed milk too.

YUMM.

DRTYFN
01-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I fell asleep in a fetal postition under blankets rubbing and pressing my head (I know I am going to get a pimple.:rant: ) It was awful.
With your fingers?:jump:

CO Hummer
01-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Whoo Hoo! I just had myself a nice Grande Chai Latte from Starbucks. mmm. gooood.

I'm gonna fire me up a Vietnamese style iced-coffee this afternoon. But before that I'm gonna do good cup of Ti Kuan Yin, sort of break before I get back to the caffeine binge-a-thon.

KenP
01-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm drinking de-caff lemonade iced tea. Ummm......

DRTYFN
01-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Whoo Hoo! I just had myself a nice Grande Chai Latte from Starbucks. mmm. gooood.

I'm gonna fire me up a Vietnamese style iced-coffee this afternoon. But before that I'm gonna do good cup of Ti Kuan Yin, sort of break before I get back to the caffeine binge-a-thon.
You know she's going to go totally agro.:giggling:

KenP
01-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Scary!

She's too sick to RAARRRR!!!:(

Dug
01-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Good luck on quitting the coffee routine. I think i need to go to de-caff myself. I only drink a couple of cups in the morning but for years it makes me pissed off about 9am 'ish . I just thought i was born that way getting grumpy at my employees and beating the snot out of whatever i was doing at the time. But i have noticed if i dont drink the two cups on any given day , i am calm that morning. (Weird how it affects your brain) But last week was the last straw. I was trying to print out a invoice on wifeys computer when the thing wouldnt let me print what i was typing. I put my size 11 boot through the front of the hard drive , picked up the flat screen monitor over my head and slammed it to pieces on the counter and totally trashed the keyboard throwing it across the office. Theres $1100 up in flames . Thats just one episode, i have boomeranged more cell phones than a javalin thrower. And on and on and on. So anyways i dont know if coffee is good or bad for you. BUt i believe its bad for me. So i am going over to de-caff. Good luck.

h2co-pilot
01-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Good luck on quitting the coffee routine. I think i need to go to de-caff myself. I only drink a couple of cups in the morning but for years it makes me pissed off about 9am 'ish . I just thought i was born that way getting grumpy at my employees and beating the snot out of whatever i was doing at the time. But i have noticed if i dont drink the two cups on any given day , i am calm that morning. (Weird how it affects your brain) But last week was the last straw. I was trying to print out a invoice on wifeys computer when the thing wouldnt let me print what i was typing. I put my size 11 boot through the front of the hard drive , picked up the flat screen monitor over my head and slammed it to pieces on the counter and totally trashed the keyboard throwing it across the office. Theres $1100 up in flames . Thats just one episode, i have boomeranged more cell phones than a javalin thrower. And on and on and on. So anyways i dont know if coffee is good or bad for you. BUt i believe its bad for me. So i am going over to de-caff. Good luck.

Poor thing.:(

Yeah, I was not mean but stressed out easily and held back a lot.

I found that one cup of the brewed coffee I was making had 135mg of caffeine in it. A mountain dew has 55mg. Holy crap! So I was having like 14 or 18 or so Mountain Dews a day.:eek:

A cup of tea has about half the caffeine in coffee so I have been subsituting with that and not drinking anything caffeinated after 2.

Good Luck. I have read a lot of good advice lately. Here is a good link from a blogger that had given it up.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-give-up-coffee/

Steve - SanJose
01-28-2007, 02:05 AM

Correct;)

h2co-pilot
01-28-2007, 03:38 AM
You know she's going to go totally agro.:giggling:

Hey wait a minute fawkface :D, Did you mess with my fingers in that picture?:rant:

:jump:

CO Hummer
01-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey wait a minute fawkface :D, please take my fingers out of that picture.:rant:

Wow. I didn't notice until you brought it up.

DRTYFN
01-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Hey wait a minute fawkface :D, Did you mess with my fingers in that picture?:rant:

:jump:

nooooo.....:jump:

DRTYFN
01-28-2007, 08:24 AM
I didn't change anything here either.:giggling:

ZigsRig
01-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Um..... Right click and saved! :D

h2co-pilot
01-28-2007, 02:49 PM
I didn't change anything here either.:giggling:

Yeah, whatever. I just took a look at the original. Man you are good.:eek::giggling:

K9sH3
01-30-2007, 05:44 AM
Cirlce K now has this "Superjavaalert" Coffee... damn it is so good, that I don't need the RedBull as a chaser.

DRTYFN
01-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Yeah, whatever. I just took a look at the original. Man you are good.:eek::giggling:
How the hell did you chop that picture like that? That's a REALLY good job. Almost looks human.:jump:

ROX
01-30-2007, 06:03 AM
One whole pot of coffee in the morning while I'm getting the kids ready for the day. After it's gone I don't have any more. If I drink it in the afternoon it keeps me awake at night. My favorite flavor of coffee, Tully's, went to $9.48 per pound!:mad: :mad: Now I'm reduced to taste testing Foldgers and I'M HIGHLY IRRITATED. I CAN'T IMAGINE HAVING TO QUIT!:rant: I CAN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT!

DRTYFN
01-30-2007, 07:36 AM
The Pale GheyRider is coming to steal your coffee.:jump:

KenP
01-30-2007, 07:39 AM
The Pale GheyRider is coming to steal your coffee.:jump:Things are so much better now that she's not so sick.:D

CO Hummer
01-30-2007, 07:55 AM
CP,
Try some lapsang souchong tea. That's stuff is good.

h2co-pilot
01-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so.....:D

I am doing fine. I have just been really sick, I need it to function so badly right now. But I haven't given in. I have cut my use to a 1/3 of what I used to drink and never at night. Sleeping like a snotty baby........:D A cup or two of tea is great, I could probably do it exclusively but I don't want to right now.

I dunno if it is cutting out the sugar or the caffiene. Both I suppose. When I feel better I will hopefully feel great.:)

K9sH3
01-30-2007, 03:50 PM
No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
No fun, no sin, no coffee, no wonder its dark
Everyone around me is a total stranger
Everyone avoids me like a psyched lone-ranger everyone

CO Hummer
01-30-2007, 04:34 PM
No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
No fun, no sin, no coffee, no wonder its dark
Everyone around me is a total stranger
Everyone avoids me like a psyched lone-ranger everyone

OK, Aubs. We got it.

ROX
01-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't drink coffee, but I do drink the sh!t out of Diet Dr. Pepper. I got it bad. So bad that I carry a 12 pack in the back of my truck and the back of Paragons at all times. If we go out of town, I always have a 12 pack so that when we get to where we are going I don't have to worry about going to the store til the next day. I really need to slow down, is there a 12 step program for Dr. Pepper? I am about to slow down maybe just have 2 a day because I'm going to get my teeth Zoomed (bleached) in a few weeks, and I am pretty obsessed with white teeth. And due to all the dark cola I drink they are starting to not be as light as I like. It sure sucks to come down off of Dr. Pepper!!!!!!!!!!!:rant: I'm thinking you need an IV drip. :D

Bully13
01-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Here ya go....

http://nycpastor.typepad.com/nycpastor/images/starbucks.jpg

Bully13
01-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Oops, sorry, I meant to post this

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/twinky_cosmo/home_img1_starbucks.jpg

dochummer
01-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Just hang in there CP! :)

usetosellhummer
01-30-2007, 07:28 PM
coffee good
work bad
got to have both to make it so shoot me now
What about coffee in the morning followed up by a a highball of energy drink with a coke chaser...
better then crack or smack:beerchug:
no beer gut, coffee gut

h2co-pilot
01-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Bully you are a Venti Turd.:fdance:

Thank you doc.:)

Wull, that's the thing about the gut. For women, caffeine increases estrogen which in turn, theoretically causes you to gain weight it the hips (and be more moody than usual at certain times). And no studies support that it helps you lose weight so it was a huge factor for me.:D I dunno about manfolk.

Sewie
01-31-2007, 12:48 AM
coffee good
work bad
What about coffee in the morning followed up by a a highball of energy drink with a coke chaser...

Reminds me of that old commercial.

"I do coke so I can work harder, so I can make more money, so I can do more coke, so I can work harder, so I can make more money, so I can do more coke, so I.........."

:jump: :jump: :jump:

KenP
01-31-2007, 01:25 AM
coffee good
work bad
no beer gut, coffee gutAvoid Meth-mouth.

KenP
01-31-2007, 01:26 AM
Bully you are a Venti Turd.:fdance:

Thank you doc.:)

Wull, that's the thing about the gut. For women, caffeine increases estrogen which in turn, theoretically causes you to gain weight it the hips (and be more moody than usual at certain times). And no studies support that it helps you lose weight so it was a huge factor for me.:D I dunno about manfolk.It causes "man-loaf".

h2co-pilot
02-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Still doing well. That is all.

I feel better. It's really not that bad.:excited:

I have reserved my one cup for something special.;)

http://english.pravda.ru/fun/2001/11/23/21842.html

CO Hummer
02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Still doing well. That is all.

I feel better. It's really not that bad.:excited:

You should get yourself some premium monkey-picked Ti Kuan Yin. really.

Steve - SanJose
02-09-2007, 12:15 AM
You'll live.