PDA

View Full Version : Factory Nav Radio and installing Harmon Kardon Wired FM Transmitter

SirFer
01-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Hey all. I had the Harmon Kardon Drive and Play installed in my '07 H2 with the Factory Nav/Radio a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, the sound quality currently sucks because it's going over the regular FM Transmitter. So today I went and picked up the Wired FM Transmitter. I don't really feel like paying more money and losing my truck for an entire day again, so I think I might try this one myself. I found another post on here that details how to get the dash cover off, that in itself seems like it's going to be kinda difficult, but what I really need to know is if anyone has a diagram of the back of the stereo, because the Wired FM Transmitter is going to plug directly into the antenna back there. Or will I really even need the diagram or will it be right there in front of me?

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4751.html

Thanks, Josh

Wilstruck
01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
As soon as you get the radio out you will see one fat black wire that plugs into radio (Looking at back of radio top right) . I had to use needle nose plyers to pull it out the first time but very simple. Unbolt center console slide it back unbolt trim surrounding radio and your good to go.

:dancingbanana:

SirFer
01-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Well... After ripping out all of the carbon fiber trim interior and leaving my dashboard and center console in various pieces all over the place, I found out that the wired FM transmitter plug did not fit into my antenna plug, so after searching various different stores for that kind of stuff, couldn't even find an adapter. So my birthday is next week and my parents are getting me an in-dash DVD/CD/Navigation/iPod controlling/ motorized flip out screen head out so that I can just have it professionally installed and not have to deal with the worries of it. But thanks for your help. Josh.