PDA

View Full Version : '07 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Field Scout
01-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Took one for a test drive yesterday and hate to admit it but I liked it:shhh:
not turning in the H3 any time soon but if the sales guy is right about a diesel option a few years down the road, I might be persuaded. I just hope GM gets on the ball and beefs up the front diff's or abandons the IFS all together and makes the H3 "like nothing else" offroad instead of bling machines on road:rant: Have to say the power felt about the same as my 3 and the Hummer interior is much nicer but there is nothing wrong with the utilitarian interior in the jeep, I've gotten used to the H3 blind spots but not having them in the jeep was nice also loved the front seats sitting like a chair instead of my legs allways out front in my 3, finally probably the best part is all the aftermarket products so readily available. However the H3 is brand new w/zero% financing so I'll have it a while, maybe give GM time for some changes.(for the better I hope)

3Hummer
01-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Were you driving the 4-door one? Cause i love the way the car looks as well. Never drivin it though. Defintly wouldnt trade mine for the Jeep though as ive been wanting the the Hummer my whole life.

BlueHUMMERH2
01-29-2007, 04:27 AM
I think they are calling the 4 door the Unlimited this year.

You still wouldn't get me into the Jeep. Seeing Hummers go out, and come back in one piece is priceless. No drama. :D

Field Scout
01-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes it was the four door, wont be selling the 3 any time soon but had to go drive the jeep to see if I missed anything. I was up in the air on H3 or 4dr jeep, was waiting to try jeep but needed new vehicle before vacation trip in nov, jeep wasn't out yet and GM offered 0% finance, happy w/H3 choice:beerchug: but probably would have been happy w/jeep if I went the other way:shhh: :D

blindzebra
01-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Why is everyone so gung ho on dropping the IFS, and moving to a SFA. Yes the SFA can be stronger, but if you really want to make it "Like nothing else," Why wouldn't you be pushing for a beefed up IFS, doing away with the SRA and putting in a beefy IRS for maximum clearance? If you really want the best, I'd the say the H1 idea is it.

Field Scout
01-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Why is everyone so gung ho on dropping the IFS, and moving to a SFA. Yes the SFA can be stronger, but if you really want to make it "Like nothing else," Why wouldn't you be pushing for a beefed up IFS, doing away with the SRA and putting in a beefy IRS for maximum clearance? If you really want the best, I'd the say the H1 idea is it.

I agree about the H1 idea for clearance, not sure if it would fit under an H3, also I wouldn't mind just a beefed up IFS, the running ground clearance is great but when crawling and flexing the front, IMO, you cant beat the even consistant ground clearance of a SFA:) either way two words FRONT LOCKER

DRTYFN
01-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Took one for a test drive yesterday and hate to admit it but I liked it:shhh:
How can you like that interior?:confused:

Field Scout
01-30-2007, 09:32 PM

That was one of the things I pointed out to the jeep sales guy that I liked better in the Hummer, but I do like the idea of hosing it out. My H3 stays pretty dirty from hunting and dog training:D

Desert Dan
01-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Field Scout..
Here's link to the JK board.
Some good pictures there.
The JK is still a Jeep (which is a good thing).

http://forum.jkboard.com/index.php?sid=f933c97f3afdade4b50bc956ceccd732

BlueTJCO
01-30-2007, 10:20 PM

It's a jeep you big pussy......not an overbuilt tahoe

:fdance:]

thats the base x model?

a little nicer on the rubicon with mygig and nav

3Hummer
01-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I actually like that interior i think it looks pretty neat!

DRTYFN
01-31-2007, 03:01 AM
It's a jeep you big pussy......not an overbuilt tahoe

:fdance:]

thats the base x model?

a little nicer on the rubicon with mygig and nav

You're 'roid-aggresive right now, aren't you?:fdance: :jump: