PDA

View Full Version : SUPERCHARGER SELECTION

Wesley
02-01-2007, 05:05 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Procharger Stage 2 system(10-11 lbs boost} for an H2. I have had an 2003 with early Whipple for approx 80,000 mi, and just bought a 2007.
I read prochargers web site and realize I would be gaining substantial power up top but Will I realize sufficient boost between 2000-3000 RPMs with the centrifical to even remotely compare to the twin screw strong attributes?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
02-01-2007, 10:41 PM
With the weight of the H2 you need low end first to get it rolling. Go with Magnuson or at least stay with roots style blower. It will help low end nicely and You will not need to worry about top end. It will go as fast as you need it to and maybe more.

You need to free up exhaust flow and increase air intake to take advantage of blower. Go with long neck headers to help low end more while letting exhaust out better. But, then You have to give it more air intake with an aftermarket breather, unless you are offroading and i would stay with factory breather system and add k&n filter in it.

If You are going to off road allot just leave rig factory and add filter do headers then use a handheld tuner to get a little more power. If you do all the right things You can get around 400HP at the ground without the blower.
But, there are other little things that need to be done.

Dragon and i got to that number with no problem and no blower.

TAZ