PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Russian aircraft video

NewHummerGuy
02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
www.crazyaviation.com/movies/CA_SU-30.wmv (http://www.crazyaviation.com/movies/CA_SU-30.wmv)

This is a video of an in-flight demonstration flown by the Russian SU-30MK fighter aircraft. You'll not believe what you are about to see.

The fighter can stall from high speed, stopping in less than a second. Then it demonstrates an ability to descend tail first without causing a compressor! stall. It can also recover from a flat spin in less than a minute. These capabilities probably don't exist in any other aircraft in the world today.

ssgharkness020147
02-02-2007, 04:38 PM
That is all accomplished by the use of thrust vectoring, a technology invented in Russia I believe. Either way, I dont think they do anything in that vid that the F-22 Raptor cannot due.

NewHummerGuy
02-02-2007, 04:50 PM
That is all accomplished by the use of thrust vectoring, a technology invented in Russia I believe. Either way, I dont think they do anything in that vid that the F-22 Raptor cannot due.

Hell if i know anything about what you said :p ;) But i trust ya:)

Still cool :D

mdoyle
02-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Let's just say with or without compressor stall, sitting anywhere close to zero motion isn't a good defensive position in the sky.

Speed is life!;)

MarineHawk
02-02-2007, 08:50 PM

You might be correct, but I didn't know that the Raptor had the directional thruster thingies. Even if not though, it's so much better than what the Russians have because its (1) practically invisible to radar; (2) extremely good at identifying hostile threats; (3) fairly high-performance (though not as fast as the F-15); and (4) very well armed. The Russian pilots always brag about what great dogfighters they are. The appropriate response sould be something to the effect that:
Maybe; maybe not; but it just doesn't matter because we'll shoot you out of the sky from 30 miles away long before you even know we are around.
IMO you'll never see dogfights with the types of planes and supporting assets we have and are continuing to develop.

usetosellhummer
02-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm sure skunkworks has some anti-grav stuff we won't see for another 10 years that kick it's a$$

DennisAJC
02-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Let's just say with or without compressor stall, sitting anywhere close to zero motion isn't a good defensive position in the sky.

Speed is life!;)

Hey! Didn't you watch Top Gun?

"Don't worry Goose. He'll just fly right by......":giggling:

DRTYFN
02-02-2007, 09:24 PM

Speed is life!;)

No kidding. They'll make nice targets.

DRTYFN
02-02-2007, 09:55 PM
This is one of the most feared fighter pilots in history.:jump:

bparker
02-02-2007, 09:58 PM
:giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling: :giggling:

Hey! Didn't you watch Top Gun?

"Don't worry Goose. He'll just fly right by......":giggling:

mdoyle
02-03-2007, 03:48 AM
That's the problem- too many actually believe aerial combat is done just like the movies. :shhh:

DennisAJC
02-03-2007, 03:54 AM
That's the problem- too many actually believe aerial combat is done just like the movies. :shhh:

Aerial combat is such a misleading name for it. There is no aerial combat anymore. It's done 1 - 2 miles from the enemy with Hell Fire missles. Fire and forget missle technology has made air combat boring and without drama.

h2co-pilot
02-03-2007, 04:46 AM
This is one of the most feared fighter pilots in history.:jump:

BZZZZZZ!!!

:clapping: :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::clapping:

3Hummer
02-03-2007, 06:58 AM

your absoultly right about everything you said execpt im not exactly sure if they invited the technology in Russia though. and about the first thing on flat spins in the first post on recorving in less than a minute, if you cant recover in a minute your about as good as not alive. Also I fly a Cessna 172 and we recove from spin stalls all the time in WAY less than a minute we initiate at 8000 ft and have it out by 4000 and the whole tihng probably is about 7 seconds or so. Non the less it takes skilled pilots to do anything shown in that video and to do it with finesse.

3Hummer
02-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Aerial combat is such a misleading name for it. There is no aerial combat anymore. It's done 1 - 2 miles from the enemy with Hell Fire missles. Fire and forget missle technology has made air combat boring and without drama.

Its more than 1-2 miles the new F-22 raptor has the ability to shoot down an enemy aircraft from up to 180 Miles away. Also However this technology is also saving many lives. And the common missles they use if shooting down an aircraft is a possibilty are the AMRAAMS (Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missles) and Sidewinders. The Hellfire Missles are used for air to ground not air to air.

RubHer Yellow Ducky
02-03-2007, 08:02 AM
EXCLUDING MISSLES, how would it do in a dogfight with a WW11 jap zero?

RYD

3Hummer
02-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Dispite Missles the dogfight capabilities are much higher as well. After hte mistake in the Vietnam War when they did not put a machine gun on the F-4 Phantom, ever since then all the aircraft have a canon,and /or a machine gun. The Zero could not out run, out climb, out fire, or out anything for that matter against the modern F-22 the Zero would pretty much stand no chance.

DRTYFN
02-03-2007, 08:44 AM
If I were a fighter pilot from another country and I wasn't in one of these I'd just quit and go home like the Frenchies.
http://www.f22fighter.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWjcg0qM3g0